Chapter 7: Sakura

Hello~!

Sorry for the wait. Writers block and lazyness. No other excuse.

And sorry for a sloppy written chapter... still, no excuse... 

//тнeвιѕcυιтqυeen♥
___________________________________________________________________________________

”It has nearly been two days,” Natsu protested as Erza shot his idea, about going after Lucy, down. “Something like that wouldn’t take so long!”

“Oi, Flam-brain,” Gray called, making Natsu turn his head to Gray, annoyance in his face. “Didn’t she say one till two days? Then wait until she comes home!”

Natsu groaned in annoyance and facepalmed the table, making the Gray utter a ‘tch’. It had been about a day and half - maybe even more - since Lucy took off. Natsu hadn’t done anything but complain about Lucy’s missing presence, much to Mira and Erza’s entertainment.

Team Natsu and some other guild members, like Juvia, Levy and Wendy, sat at a table in the guild, some eating food, some drinking, and some were just talking. The sun was about to set and Natsu faced the guild entrance, waiting for the blonde mage to return, smilingly, but she didn’t.

“Natsu… mhh~” Happy started, stuffing a fish into his small mouth. “Lushe is gonna come home, right?” Natsu nodded stiffly, not really sure himself. She had acted kind of off those days ago when she left.

“Stop worrying so much, Natsu,” Levy said, looking up from the book she was reading. Natsu recognized the book from Lucy’s apartment. It always stood on her desk, ready for her to read, but it seemed that Levy had borrowed it before Lucy left. “Lu-chan is strong. She can take care of herself for a few days.”

“I k-know,” Natsu muttered, crossing his arms, leaning back in the chair he sat in. “I just got a bad feeling, ya know.”

“Natsu, you’re beginning to sound like Lushe.” Happy pointed out, receiving an annoyed glare from Natsu, which he just giggled at.

Suddenly someone poked Natsu’s shoulder, making him turn around. It was Makarov. He had a worried facial expression. Without asking or warning, he jumped up at the table, sitting down in the center. The most of the people flinched in surprise as their master suddenly sat in the middle of the table.

“I’m worried about Lucy.” Makarov stated, much to the small assembly’s surprise.

Natsu stood up, slamming his palms onto the table. “Finally!” he exclaimed, but sat back down when he received a death glare from both Makarov and Erza.

“What do you mean, master?” Juvia asked, raising her one eyebrow in curiosity.

“You see,” Makarov started, his eyes closed and his arms crossed. “Some days ago I received a strange letter addressed to Lucy. Two strangers gave it to me. I gave it to Lucy, but I have no idea what it said. Natsu, you told me that Lucy had gone to do some business at her old mansion. By now I’m highly doubting that.”

The group exchanged looks with worried facial expressions. Why would Lucy lie to them? And what was in that letter? That was the questions running through all of their heads.

“Why are you doubting that, master?” Erza asked, her face as worried as the others.

“Because she has already been to a meeting of that kind,” Makarov answered, making the group’s eyes widen. “One month ago.”

Natsu clenched his fists. “So what you are saying is that Lucy most likely aren’t at the mansion?”

Makarov nodded, not adding another comment to that. He had put his hands to his chin, resting his chin on them. His eyes were gloomy and he avoided getting eye contact with any of them.