Chapter 10: "It's Gracie Savannah!"

Awkward was the word Colette would use to describe the situation she was in. Laughing with a boy while being on top of him, on the ground, both soaking wet and have her best friend enter the house right at that moment was the last scenario she wanted to be in. And the looks Niki was giving them weren't helping.

Colette cleared her throat and pushed herself off of River, and then extended a hand to pull him up. She smoothed her skirt down and wiped away the foam on her chest as River moved next to her, both of them facing Niki. Her eyes refused to meet Niki's as she looked everywhere but. River awkwardly glanced between her and Niki, wondering if he had to say something or Colette would.

Colette cleared her throat once more and this time, met Niki's eyes. She had an amused expression on her face and one of her eyebrows was raised. "Uh...Niki....this is.....uh.....this is....uh....my....uh.....this is my......."

"Friend," River cut in, smiling at Niki. "I'm her friend, River. Nice to meet you." He held out his hand.

"Hi River, I'm Niki," Niki smiled back and shook his hand, "I've heard a lot about you."

"Me too. She talks a lot about you."

She grinned. "So what were you both doing?"

River scratched his neck. "Um....well, we were trying to cook and-"

"He did it!" Colette exclaimed, putting her hands up in the air. "He made this mess, please don't kill me."

River narrowed his eyes at her. "I made the mess? I wasn't the one who placed a spoon under running water so it splashed everywhere!"

Colette scoffed. "I wouldn't have shot water at you if you hadn't, oh, I don't know, slather my face with dish soap!"

"Well, you should've done it back instead of starting a waterfall in the apartment!"

"Too bad, you pissed me off enough to want to take revenge on you by doing something bigger."

Irritation flashed in his eyes and he took a dangerous step towards her, closing the gap between them, eyes glaring at her. "Well if that's the case, then I don't regret what I did one bit, Colette Savannah Gracie Abernathy."

"For the last time, it's Gracie Savannah!" Colette stomped her foot, causing Niki to flinch.

"Okay, okay, okay," Niki walked towards them and pulled them apart, as they continued glaring at each other. "River, how about you go home?"

"Fine, whatever." He roughly grabbed his keys, glared at Colette one last time and exited the apartment.

Niki let out a deep breath and frowned at Colette. "Colette, what was that?"

"What? I said nothing wrong, he was the one who started it!"

"Well, you should've finished it somewhere that wasn't my kitchen."

"Our kitchen, Niki. Our."

She rolled her eyes. "It isn't our kitchen when I ask you to help me clean it every Sunday, but that's besides the point. You were very rude to him. I didn't even get to talk to him properly."

Colette groaned. "Fine, I'll apologize to him tomorrow," She dragged, crossing her arms.

"Good. Now, clean up the kitchen."

Colette groaned once more, as Niki left the kitchen and made her way to her bedroom, laughing to herself.

*

"Do these pants make my ass look bigger?" Hazel asked Colette as she took a seat next to her at the outdoor cafeteria table in their college.

Colette licked her spoon clean and studied Hazel's body. "Uh....I guess?"