Chapter 18: "Soon-To-Be Love Of His Life"

On a cold, deserted road, Jay was standing. Thick fog lingered randomly in the air, blinding him of what lay ahead but he still knew what it was; he had been in the exact place so many times that he wasn't even terrified like he had been the first time. Before him lay a long road stretched out so far that its end was invisible to any naked eye.

Jay also knew what was going to happen. He knew exactly what was going to happen, but the worst part? He couldn't do anything to stop it. Though it wasn't his fault, he felt guilty.

A faint light shone on his shirt, the fog disguising its actual intensity. But that was enough to alert him of what was coming, what he couldn't stop. He pressured his eyes to shut, but they refused to. Instead they widened, forcing him to look at what he had seen a million times before.

The biggest nightmare of his life.

The fog cleared from the path, revealing a car driving straight towards him. It didn't look like it was going to stop. Beads of sweat dripped down Jay's forehead, his heart beating faster and louder, his chest growing heavier as he looked at the car, his blue eyes filled with absolute terror. He attempted moving, but his body insisted on staying paralyzed, his feet glued to the road and the only movement his arms made was twitching helplessly.

Shivers crawled down his spine as the car came nearer, giving him a glimpse of the people sitting in it through the wind shield.

A handsome man driving, his eyes a bright green that were brought out by his jet-black hair. Fine lines were deeply set in his forehead, his hair neatly slicked back and next to him, in the passenger seat, sat a woman. Gorgeous would be the biggest understatement, the beauty her red hair and blue eyes held had no adjectives that would even come near to describe it.

They were both smiling at him, the man's green eyes practically glistening with happiness.

It was true what everyone said, Abrianna did get her dad's eyes. Looking into his face was like looking into hers.

The woman on the other didn't look like Jay or Abrianna; though she had his eyes and her hair, she was a beauty of her own. The smile did a lot to help her features, the purity in her face was like no other.

The car began drawing closer to Jay but his body made no attempts to move. With every passing second, the fear in Jay grew, bigger and bigger until it felt like it was engulfing him. There was a heavy lump in his throat that he was begging to swallow, but his body didn't allow him. It was in charge of him, and there was no changing that.

The smiles on his parents' faces remained intact, but all emotion was lost. It was like someone had plastered smiles on their faces, the fakeness of it creeping him out. They looked like dolls; just staring at him without blinking even once, their mouths stuck in ingenuine smiles.

And they were getting near.

Jay wanted to scream, but his mouth didn't open. It was like his lips were stuck to each other. His heart was pounding, tears streaming down his face as his body shook with fear.

Once again, he had to see it.

The car was closer than ever, two feet and it would crash into Jay but it had other plans. Just as it was about to hit him, it swerved right.

But he knew. He knew that was going to happen.

CRASH!

The car collided with a tree, breaking it in half, the upper half of it losing balance and smashing into the roof of the car.