XVII

*Salomea's POV*

I yawn as we face two of the Ten Commandments. Which two, I'm not sure.

We were all shocked when we saw the giant maze, that's for sure, but we managed to get through it easily enough.

I'm more worried about what awaits us.

"Elaine!" I hear Ban yell. Looks like the others made it here too.

"If you want to turn back, now's your chance." I hear Melio say faintly, and I smirk. Not a chance.

"Because those are two of the Ten Commandments." I finish.

I tune out until one of the Commandments says something that piques my interest.

"Take it away, Drole-kun!" the Commandment says.

Huh... it's Drole. So the one with him... is Gloxinia?!!

Drole then uses one of his powers to create 10 fighting rings.

"With that said," Gloxinia continues, "I'll go ahead and... eradicate the remaining pests from the maze."

"That's... that's..." King exclaims. "The magic I feel coming off of that monster is without a doubt from the Fairy Folk. And it's impossibly huge!"

So it is Gloxie.

"Spirit Spear Basquias, 9th Form." Gloxinia says. "Death Thorn."

I yawn again as Gloxie kills the remaining people in the maze.

"How are you... still here?" King suddenly exclaims. "Didn't you use your life in the battle 3,000 years ago?"

Gloxie turns around, revealing his giant wings.

"The first fairy king, Gloxinia!"

Gloxinia then re-introduces himself as the Commandment of Repose. Hooray.

"Get on with it, Gloxinia!" I yell. 

Meliodas groans. "Seriously, Sal?"

I shrug as Gloxie turns to me happily.

"Salome!"

I roll my eyes as giant vines wrap around me, lifting me to the top of the boulder.

"Really, Gloxie?" I whine, trying to get free. "You're seriously kidnapping me?"

"Really, Gloxinia?" Meliodas yells. "You couldn't keep it in your pants?!"

Gloxie turns away with a blush on his face as King turns to me.

"Salome!" he cries. "You know these monsters?"

"Knew." I correct. "Before they betrayed us."

"Salome." Gloxinia sighs dramatically, pulling me closer to the Commandments. "You wound me."

"You also realise that the other Commandments, especially Melascula, will kill you as soon as they find out you didn't kill me?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Perhaps." Gloxie shrugs. "But then again, Zeldris would kill all of us if he found we laid a hand on you."

"Huh?!!"

Gloxie turns away from me, leaving me bound in vines and back to the others. "Now, then. Let's get the Fighting Festival going!"

"Not so fast!" a voice cries. "There's still one more contestant!"

Ah, I was wondering where he was.

"Gowther... has arrived!" Gowther yells.

"Gowther." I sigh, shaking my head. "You landed on Escanor."

"Oops!" Gowther says, stepping off Escanor. "It appears I somewhat miscalculated my landing."

As Escanor starts crying about his broken glasses, I turn to Gloxie, who looks exasperated. 

"Don't kill him, Gloxie." I say. "If you do, you'd have odd numbers."

"I could put you in the Festival?" he suggests. "It's not like you'd lose, anyway."

"Maybe." I shrug. "But as you said earlier, Zeldris would, for some reason, kill you if I even got a scratch on me."

Gloxinia groans, shaking his head. "You're going to use that to get out of everything, aren't you?"

"Yup!"

Gloxie shakes his head again, before using 'Moon Rose' to heal Escanor.

I smile proudly at him. "Seems you've still got some good left in you, after all."

"Shut up, Salome."

"But-" I whine.

"Shut up."