Epilogue

Dami, if you're listening to this then it means that something really bad has happened to me. Maybe I got hit by a car and I'm in a coma. Maybe I hit my head skateboarding. Maybe you get a hold of this yeaaaaars in the future when we're old and I pass away from old age or some weird health complication. Whatever the reason is, I'm not here anymore.

But that's okay. I think I'd rather go out before you anyway. It just wouldn't be the same without my best friend in my life. Why am I recording this right now? I don't know. I'm bored. It was on my mind, and I thought, man, if something ever did happen to me, then I'd at least want you to have something to listen to and remember me by.

Most people have pictures, and while we have tons of pictures, those won't matter to you when I'm not here anymore because you can't enjoy them, but this you can listen to.

I wonder by this point if you know how I feel about you, how much I love you. If you don't, then surprise! Now you do! If you already did know, then don't feel bad. I know you will because I already know that you don't feel the same. That's okay. It completely dashes all hopes I had of us getting married one day in the future as a little girl, but all I care about is that you're still my best friend.

There's not many best friends who can say that they've known each other their whole lives. How cool is that? It seems like fate that Mom got pregnant with me at the same time that your mom got pregnant with you, and Mom and Derrick being best friends.

You know, when we were little and we lived together, Mom said for the longest time I thought Derrick was my dad? How funny is that? But honestly? Derrick is like a father-figure to me. That might sound weird, but he's always been there. I never knew my real dad and I never will, but I've always known Derrick, and he's always taken care of me, just like Mom took care of you. We have a pretty weird family dynamic, huh? I like it, though, it's different.

Anyway, I hope that you're doing okay. I hope you're not sad. I hope that you have found an awesome guy who treats you right and loves you and is always there for you if I can't be. Like I said, you may not hear this until you're old, but if it's sooner than that, then I hope that you're doing well. If you're not, just remember you will get through this. You're strong. You're the strongest person I've ever known, you can conquer any obstacle thrown in your path. Maybe you'll trip over it first, haha, but eventually you'll overcome it.

Welp, I won't ramble on and on forever. I just wanted to put this in here, just in case. I guess I shouldn't leave the rest of the CD blank, so I'm gonna burn a bunch of songs on here too. Upbeat songs, so you can't be sad while listening to them.

Just remember that I love you sooooo much, Dami. Always!