21

' Oh my god Ric, she looks exactly like our little girl.'

' I know. I think I believe in reincarnation now.'

' Don't joke like that! What are we going to do now?'

She nudged him.

' Sheila I told you to stop putting your hands on me and there's nothing we can do but find this girl and get to know our grandchild. I wasn't joking either.'

' What if she refuses and decides to keep her away from us.'

' Now honey, we're rich people with lawyers and officials at our disposal and from what Adrian said she's not from money. I doubt she would get a good enough lawyer even if she tried.'

' I don't think we should separate a child from her mother.'

' We won't do that unless it's necessary. All I want is for us to get to know our granddaughter, get visiting rights but if she's struggling to take care of her we will have to take drastic measures. You know your son wants full custody right and I will help him get her by all means.'

' You are right, we should do everything to protect our little Ariana. We cannot fail her a second time around. God is giving us a second chance babe.'

' This time we will do it right.'

Ricardo pulled his wife into an embrace after he noticed her tear filled eyes. He too believed that God was giving them at second chance at doing things right. Otherwise why would he make a child that looked exactly like Ari.  The couple would do everything in their power for them to see this child.

' Remember on her third birthday when we flew them to Disneyland?'

' Yes, you almost divorced me that month because I was late in getting her and Adrian's American visa.'

' I'd love to have that again.'

' We will, just things might be a little different and harder now after the pandemic.'

' Oh Ric. I cannot wait to meet her and hold her and play around with her. Do everything that we used to do with Ari and more.'

' I promise babe. soon we will be able to do that. Let's just wait on our son to meet and talk with her.'

' Let me call RJ and tell him the good news. Maybe he might just want to come home for once.'

Ricardo junior or RJ was their second son who was only two years old when his little sister died. As much as he loved his parents, he did not like how they treated people of lower status than them. Which he learnt the harsh realities of when he started dating his current girlfriend whose parents lived paycheck you paycheck.

' She-she in due time, leave the boy alone. Let him concentrate on his studies. You know he has an exam coming up. We don't want to cause chaos at this time.'

' Fine let me call Brooke. She recently had a grandchild and is the perfect person to help me shop for my Ari. She's well dressed here but their not designer brands and we cannot have a Small wearing no name brands.'