56

Adrian watched on as Syd pulled the woman he had fallen back inlove with into his arms and kiss her the way he had been kissing this past week while starring directly at him. He smirked knowing where her lips were just an hour ago as they got ready for this party. Though he and Niki were not yet dating he had been stealing kisses from her to prepare her for what he knew was coming and knowing that she would need him.

' What was that for?'

He heard her say as he stood not to far from them and noticed the guilty look on her face because of their stolen kisses, he figured.

' I just missed you.'

' You've been ignoring me for weeks now?'

' I'm sorry. I've just been going through stuff with work and family.'

' What happened? Is everyone okay?'

' Nothing like that and were good. Again, I'm sorry. I'm back and never ignoring you or leaving you.'

Syd still had to answer him about his offer to pay him off but he was already letting him indirectly know what he had decided.

' Why is he here?'

' I don't know, guess Brandon invited him.'

' Don't you and him talk? This is your party too. You know what, forget it.'

Bridget stood uncomfortably next to Adrian. Appreciative of the fact that Brandon was talking to other guests far from them. Since their encounter at his office, she wanted nothing to do with Adrian.

' You really don't love my bro hey?.'

' What do you mean. I love Brandon more tha-'

' Spare me, I know you're in it for more than that but I tasked you to convince Niki to leave Syd.'

' I am trying.'

' Do it. Don't fucke'n try! You know may be I should try tell your fiance of who he is really engaged to.'

' Adrian you wouldn't dare.'

He raised his eyebrows with a smirk as if he was accepting the challenge and her stomach fell when he opened his mouth to say something. At that time Brandon was walking up to them but he was behind her and she could not see him. Until he wrapped his arms around her waist.

' Hey you two, what are you talking about far from everyone?'

' We were actually talking about you.'

' About me?'

' Yeah, you remember when-'

' Uh sorry but baby I need to quickly talk to Niki about something.'

He wondered what was so important she needed to talk to Niki about but let her go and Adrian smirked as he took a sip.

' What's the rush bro?'

' What do you mean?'

' I mean, you just got engaged and already have the date set. Is she pregnant?'

' No but that would be great. I really envy your relationship with Bisa but we're not in a rush, when it happens it will happen.

That's what you think, he knowingly smiled. Adrian congratulated his friend before excusing himself to make a call. He had watched Syd with his woman long enough.

' Remember the address I gave you?.... Remember, make sure this doesn't get back to me.'