³ HANGOVER GRAVEYARD

D E V I L ' S    P L A Y   !❝  chapter three  ❞

D E V I L ' S P L A Y   !
  chapter three 

D E V I L ' S    P L A Y   !❝  chapter three  ❞

(  MEMORY LOSS  )—  remind me not to drink

(  MEMORY LOSS  )
—  remind me not to drink.

IT FELT AS THOUGH the world had been sucked inside a black hole. Waking up with a hangover was not exactly the best morning to wake up to, and it certainly didn't feel great when Monday hit you like a truck just to fuck you over in the head. So when Angel arrived to college with her stomach churning and bubbling a rotten feeling, she felt like a dying corpse. What even happened last night? It seemed as though her one night stand was nothing but a blurry image in her head. Perhaps Angel had a little bit too much alcohol.

But for a woman who lived a life with two identities, Angel had many talents. One of them had a reputation in being a perfect straight A student. A classic teacher's pet with an innocent mask stitched upon her face. But of course, there will always be two sides to the coin. Her other talent could only be greeted in the sheets when the lonely moon howls in the night and cried tears of silver mercury. You could only be caught under her sex-craved eyes and hushed moans that echoed in the locked up bedroom. Angel was cunning, and so were her talents.

"G—Good morning!", stuttered Ochako as she fiddled with her fingers.

Uraraka Ochako, the pretty next door neighbour kid and the childhood friend of Angel. She was a sunflower during a midsummer break. The typical soft spoken girl who grew up to be just as pretty as her mother. Indeed, Ochako reminded her of a sunflower, and the resemblance was not far off when her blushful smiles and starry wide eyes became a lot more brighter beneath the sun's melting dew. But because of that reason alone, Angel was afraid to taint her innocence.

"Good morning to you too."

She responded to Ochako with a smile delicately painted across her charming face. Roses began to creep beneath her creamy cheeks when Ochako adverted her warm eyes. There was a sudden flutter in her chest; a loud thump that began to sound a lot louder to her ears—she was afraid that Angel might be able to hear her racing heartbeat. Despite the anxious wreck she was, Ochako tucked her strands of hair behind her ears as she nervously looked up to greet Angel with her signature grin.

"Did you hear about the rumours? Hinata said that we have a new professor and apparently the girls have been fawning over him."

"Ah that's right! I've been asked to show him around the campus. I'll get going then, see you in class, Ochako."

"Y—Yeah! I'll see you later", she responded with a nervous chuckle.

Just like any other busy morning, the hallways were overcrowded with students hustling around to each classroom. It wasn't like she was claustrophobic, but after being stuck inside an atmosphere with constant stares and hungry crowds filled with random, faceless strangers that she could never seem to remember clearly—it did give Angel a slight headache. Nevertheless, she made her way to the Principal's office with a couple of turned heads and a few wide open eyes along the way.

Angel knocked on the door, "Hello Mr Yagi, I apologise if I was late."

The Principal, Yagi Toshinori grinned with a hearty laugh, "I see you've arrived! No need to apologise, just come inside."

When Angel took a step inside his office, she felt her breath cut short. She couldn't seem to remember how to breathe, and the sudden appearance of this man sitting across from the Principal was doing all sorts of messy, twisted mind tricks to her head. Yet, he simply sat there. Nothing more and nothing less. But his presence alone felt more like a god that fell out from the heavens. He was making her knees go weak.

There was something about this new professor—it felt familiar and foreign all at once. Had she met him before? Because the way his lazy eyes twinkled a sudden spark behind those pupils, and the way his lips slightly opened just a little, was enough for Angel to feel a certain way. How strange. She felt a sudden rush of a wildfire burning beneath her skin, it began to engulf her body in one gulp when his gaze pierced into her eyes.

"Go ahead and introduce yourself", Mr Yagi spoke.

The professor chuckled as a smile made its way towards his million dollar face. He had his blond dyed hair slicked back perfectly, and his milky pale toned body cladded with the typical all black suit. Angel couldn't deny the fact that he was attractive. A man carved and shaped by the hands of a King; created and born out of pure perfection. But there was something dark about it, something ominous and distasteful—she could feel it in her bones. Then, out of the blue, Angel felt her heart clawing out from her throat.

"I'm Miya Atsumu, your new professor."