¹⁴ OH! ICY HOT DOCTOR!

D E V I L ' S    P L A Y   !❝  chapter fourteen  ❞

D E V I L ' S P L A Y   !
  chapter fourteen 

D E V I L ' S    P L A Y   !❝  chapter fourteen  ❞

(  HOSPITAL  )—  i think i caught a disease

( HOSPITAL )
—  i think i caught a disease.

SHOTO WAS A PRETTY BOY who made every heart tremble like butterflies fluttering during midsummer. He might be a little awkward and slow when it came to socialising, but Shoto had a brilliant mind when it came to intelligence. A child prodigy was who he was born as. There was something about him that Angel had always admired about. Whether it was his peculiar personality or his gentle persona, Angel had grown fond of it in an oddly manner. But as sweet as it sounded, that was only in the past. Times are changing, and so is she.

"How have you been?", he asked.

"How does it look like I've been?"

The young freshly graduated doctor glanced at the female. Shoto could see those visible eye bags tattooed onto her ghostly skin. If it weren't for her chest heaving up and down, Shoto might as well assume that she was a walking, talking corpse. This scene being unfolded right before his eyes was a strange one. It had been a while since he last saw her. The last time he saw her was when his eyes had witnessed upon a goddess cloaked in a soft silky dress that bathed beneath the sunlight's golden dew. Seeing Angel like this was a new sight to see; a sight that caught him off guard.

"My mother, is she. . . ?"

He furrowed his brows, "She's doing okay."

"Ah, I see."

Shoto bit his lips as he eyed the woman that stood in front of his eyes. He felt the sudden tingles that scattered beneath his flesh—his fingers screeched to move but he held the quivers back. For some reason, in this strange situation, Shoto felt like touching her cheeks. Perhaps it might have been the nostalgia that lingered in his bones or the way his chest tightened each time he gazed into her soul, but Shoto was at a standstill with nowhere to go. But how could you blame him? When you suddenly met someone from the past, you could never forget those memories. Can you?

"Angel I—"

"Oh dear, if it isn't the misfortune devil."

A tall muscular man cladded in a silver suit stood still with a prideful grin plastered on his brooding face. The look of a fierce fire did not go unnoticed when the flames consumed his glare into a hellfire zone. Angel swore she felt the furious flames licking her skin into a pile of ashes when the burly middle aged man took a couple of steps towards the two youngsters. He was quite intimidating, more so when that menacing smile never left his mask. This stranger who held such deathly aura could only be one person. Todoroki Enji. A filthy rich man who owned a chain of hospitals, and the father of Shoto.

"I didn't think I'd end up seeing you here today", he spoke, as the slightest venom dripped from his cunning tone.

"Neither did I."

"How has your father been? Ah right, my apologies, I forgot that he's no longer—"

Angel cut him off abruptly, "Say one more word and I'll make sure that you regret it."

Enji chuckled mockingly, "I see, you're still as vulgar as usual. Then tell me, how has your promiscuous work been like?"

"You fucking bastard", she hissed poisonously.

Angel wanted to see his face being beaten black and blue but she held it back as she clenched onto her fists tightly. A series of moon crescent shaped marks were engraved onto her red palms; it throbbed and ached when her nails dug a grave beneath her flesh. There was no point. Even if she did strike a punch on that rotten face, what good came out of it? Angel felt as though she was back in her young teenage self. Those days where she would often found herself being lost in limbo—they weren't great memories. After all these years, nothing much had changed. Angel was still the same pathetic fool.

Running was an easy choice. It was an option that had always been brightly lit inside the crevices of her shadowed mind. Angel wanted to run. Because running was all she was ever good in. And so she left. Just like that. After all, Angel never liked being inside a hospital anyway. It gave her bad luck. The young female exited the building without saying goodbye to Shoto. It was a sudden choice that she had made out of her own animalistic instincts; it wasn't like she had thought it through but what could you do when every fibre in your body moved on its own?

"Wait! Angel! Just wait for a moment, please?"

Shoto caught up with his breath as he continued on, "I'm sorry that my father had offended you, I'll ask him to apologise to you properly."

The woman smiled but the humour had left her eyes, "Even till this day, you're always on my side. But it's best that we pretend to not know each other."

"You can't say that when we just met again—"

It was the sudden kiss on his cheeks that made it feel as if the entire world was at a complete stop. His heart thumped a little louder than usual—Shoto was afraid that Angel might hear it when she was being too oddly close. A field of roses abruptly bloomed beneath his normally pale skin as the woman pulled away from him. If Shoto was out of breath from chasing her, then he had certainly forgotten how to breathe after she had kissed his cheek. Angel might have told him that she wouldn't see him again. And Shoto might be a man of his word.

But Shoto wasn't always a man
who agreed to everything.

But Shoto wasn't always a manwho agreed to everything