¹⁵ HIDE FROM THE POLICE

D E V I L ' S    P L A Y   !❝  chapter fifteen  ❞

D E V I L ' S    P L A Y !
chapter fifteen

D E V I L ' S    P L A Y   !❝  chapter fifteen  ❞

(  CRIMINALS  )—  caught red handed

(  CRIMINALS  )
— caught red handed.

THE MUSIC NEVER DIED when the Underworld nightclub was raging with sloppy second kisses and sex craved eyes. Angel leaned against the bench as she drunk the whiskey from her ice filled glass. After her eventful weekend being filled with a series of disastrous, unexpected, misfortunate events—the female stripper was almost tempted to call it quits. But for the woman who was stuck in a terrible debt, life played itself as a fucking joke.

"You're looking a little gloomy, cheer up!", Bokuto spoke as he sat beside the stripper.

Angel glanced at his silver ring, "Sir, I didn't expect to find you here tonight."

Bokuto Koutarou, the co-owner of the Underworld, and a flamboyant man who's a force to be reckoned with. Of course, his notable reputation in being a charmingly extroverted icon lured many sinners to join the sex industry whether it'd be as a customer or an employee. But behind the scenes, the brains of this business wouldn't have even be alive if it weren't for his one and only loyal fiancé and co-owner, Akaashi Keiji. The two partners hadn't always made their appearances in the strip club, but seeing one of their faces in person could only mean one thing. Trouble.

"The police have started their investigations", a sudden voice spoke from Midnight.

Angel furrowed her brows, "Did they caught on?"

"Mostly likely—Ah—There they are."

Two men approached Bokuto and his employees with a blank expression written on their faces. There was something oddly strange—off putting. If there was one thing that Angel was certain about; it was the fact that one of them carried a strange look in those dark shaded marble eyes. He towered over her, and quite frankly, he made Angel feel a certain way. And it wasn't a particular good feeling either. Where had she seen those eyes before?

"My name is Sawamura Daichi, I'm the police chief. This is Kirishima Eijiro, my apprentice. We're here to ask a few questions if you don't mind."

Bokuto flashed his business smile, "Of course, I'd be willing to help with your investigation."

Kirishima nodded to his superior then held a picture up, "Have you seen this man around?"

It was a picture of Overhaul, unsurprisingly, which Bokuto was quick enough to remain calm as he answered, "I know most of my customers. I would remember one if they were an infamous Yakuza leader, but unfortunately, I don't remember him being listed as a customer in this club."

"Is that so? I had many reports from witnesses telling me that they've seen him", Daichi retorted.

Bokuto chuckled, "And by witnesses you mean the drunken customers who are high on drugs? Surely you don't trust such bold claims?"

Daichi harden his glare, "I'll come back on another day. I hope that you're willing to help with our investigation."

Before the policemen left, Daichi glanced at Angel on last time. There was a skeptical look in his glance, and Angel made sure of it when she peered a little closer to see his expression. She had tattooed his very image from the back of her mind. Because the way he looked at her told the woman that Daichi had caught onto something. And it wasn't about the investigation. Still, she was safe. At least for now. The police chief didn't particularly pay much attention to the stripper and instead, fled from the scene just as quickly as he had approached the crowds from earlier on.

There was a sigh out of relief that escaped from her lips, and the rest of the employees seemed to have felt the same way too. Bokuto brushed through his salt and pepper hair with his fingers as he slumped his back against the bar stool. Much to her surprise and his unexpected actions, Bokuto jugged down a tall glass filled with vodka before scrunching his nose tightly—probably because of the bitter, dry aftertaste and probably because alcohol wasn't exactly his favourite go-to drink either.

"I think I just died", her boss spoke as he groaned against the bench.

Angel chuckled, "From the police or the alcohol?"

"Both."

The female stripper leaned over the bench as she sipped onto her whiskey. She thanked whatever entity or God was above this world, because if it hadn't been for them—tonight might have ended a lot more chaotic than it should. The Underworld strip club wasn't exactly shocking to be listed under the police's suspicions, after all, its name carried an infamous rumour that became a lot more popular to the criminals that lurked behind closed doors. Still, as much as Angel had expected this when she accepted her job, never did a day go by where she didn't feel anxious. Especially when a certain doctor came into the scene. Her lips fell apart.

What the fuck was Todoroki Shoto doing here?