A

Amaimon opened the door to the little hut, looking to the right and freezing.

She was sitting up. Holding her head in her hands with her eyes closed.

Amaimon couldn't move. He couldn't breathe. She hadn't noticed him yet. He was standing in one place, watching her eyes blink open and her hands slowly move from her face into her lap. He watched as she looked up, blinking quickly. He watched as her eyes moved around the room, landing on him and freezing. They were both locked in place now, staring at each other. Tears pooled in her eyes.

"I heard everything." Luna whispered. "From the beginning. Until this morning. I heard it all."

Amaimon straightened slowly, convinced he was dreaming. "You did?" He asked, tilting his head.

"Yes."

She tried to maneuver herself too the end of the bed, but found she could barely move her lower body. Amaimon was at her side in an instant. He sat beside her and pulled her to him gently, breathing her in. She smelled, and felt, alive for the first time in two months. Amaimon still couldn't breathe.

"You're awake. And you heard me."

"Yes."

She hugged him as tightly as her weakened arms could, tears streaming down her face.

"You're awake."

"Yes."

"Say it."

"I'm awake, Amaimon."

Amaimon missed that bored, mildly irritated tone more than he could express. He wasn't that good at emotioning anyway. He pulled her into his lap, holding her close. His human was awake. She hadn't left him. She was still here. With him.

His human.

Luna.

"You're awake." he repeated, not releasing her.

"You're starting to sound like a broken record." she retorted, trying to look up at him.

He let her get far enough away that she could look into his eyes.

Luna sighed, and Amaimon never heard a more beautiful sound. He was lost in her eyes. She frowned, waving a hand between their extremely close faces. Amaimon blinked, eyes focusing on her expression of amused irritation. He loved seeing her emotions so plainly on her face.

"Amaimon, you're an idiot." She said, pulling his face level with hers. They were eye to eye now.

"Wha-" he cut of as she leaned in and kissed him. Luna smiled against his lips at his obvious surprise, but didn't pull away. Amaimon almost melted into her, remembering just in time that she was still frail from her coma. She pulled away, smirking when she saw Amaimons eyes glaze over after they opened.

"That's why." She said, patting his chest.

He was having trouble breathing again.

Luna sighed again, leaning her tiny weight against his narrow chest. He wrapped his arms around her instinctively. Protectively. Still in a daze.

"Wow, I really shocked the words right out of you, haven't I? Your face is even more dead than usual." Luna said.

"I'm... Happy.. you're awake. Feelings like this are... new." He replied, blankly.

"Trust me, I can tell." she said, sarcastically.

"Then you know how I feel."

"Yes. I heard it all."

He hugged her tighter, and she sighed again. They sat there for some time, in a bed in the middle of nowhere, just taking in the other's presence. He placed a hand over her heart, feeling her heart beating strongly in her chest. She was enjoying the feel of the world around her again. The feeling of breath through her lungs, the sounds of birds outside the window, the sight of real sunlight streaming through said window, all things she would never take for granted again.

Being stuck in her own head for so long had forced Luna to face some of her biggest issues. Mostly with herself. She felt more grounded now, and more comfortable in her own body. Who knew it would only take almost dying for that to happen?

Eventually, Luna's strength failed her. She was still severely weakened from her long sleep, so she somehow needed more sleep. Amaimon was hesitant to let her go, fearing she wouldn't wake up again, but she reassured him. She fell asleep against him, and Amaimon laid down, placing her beside him.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_