chapter 7

"Hi Sooji can.. we talk?"

Taehyung.

He looked hurt. I saw a few tears in his eyes..

"Why.. what's.. wrong?" I sounded broken. Why did he have to come here.. right when Jungkook confessed to me?

"Jiyon.." Ugh. Just hearing her name makes my blood boil.

"Jiyon broke up with me" Taehyung sighed as I gulped. Normally I would be screaming and jumping out of joy but.. now... I did nothing... it didn't affect me.. my feelings for Taehyung.. are they gone?

I was silent as Taehyung stood at the door, waiting for a response.

"Taehyung I.."
"What's the problem?" Jungkook walked behind me, keeping his eyes on the male at the door. "And who are you?"
"I'm Taehyung, Sooji's friend" Taehyung answered, confused by his questions.
"Wait.. you're the guy that broke Sooji's heart?" Jungkook raised his voice.
I flinched by his sudden outburst and I cursed inside of me. Taehyung doesn't even know that I had a crush on him.

"What? I'm her fucking friend and can I at least talk with her?" He yelled back and stepped forward.
"Go away and find someone else asshole!" Jungkook yelled and he raised his fist in the air.
"Excuse me?!" Taehyung started to take steps towards Jungkook and I quickly ran between them, stopping the argument.

"Stop! Please stop the both of you!" I yelled as I pushed them away from each other.
"You're both acting like fucking kids!"

"Sooji I'll take him out so he-"
"Jungkook, I will handle this on my own" I said to Jungkook as I turned back to Taehyung.
I sighed. Okay.. here we go. Now or never.

"Taehyung... Taehyung, Taehyung.." I let out a laugh. "Where do I even start.."

"Sooji, wh-"
"Can I please say this? This is probably the only chance I will get" I kept talking. Taehyung went silent and let me speak.

"I still remember the first day I saw you. You, walking inside the class, all dressed up. I couldn't get my eyes off of you. I thought that I could never have a chance to talk to you.. but I did. You asked me to show you around the school, and we eventually got along really well. I think we even became best friends at that point... but I.. had kept a huge secret from you at that time and.. I couldn't tell it to you, I was afraid of how you would react.."
my eyes started to get foggy as tears started to form in my eyes.

"Sooji..." Taehyung's voice was soft, he slowly approached me but I walked a few steps away from him.

"But then.. it all changed when Jiyon came. She completely took over you and sadly.. you got along with her. As time went by, you stopped hanging out with me.. texting and calling, you were silent. Everything felt like a sad movie that lasted a lifetime. I really missed you and wanted to hang out with you but you were too busy with Jiyon.. I was really depressed sometimes because of that.
After a few months, Jimin's birthday party came, and I was very excited for him. I wanted to party with my best friend and not worry about the drama and sadness I had went through. As I arrived to his house on that awful night.. I saw something.. I should've never seen.."
A tear fell down my cheek as Jungkook and Taehyung were dead silent, listening to my finally spoken words.

"I s-saw you.. with Jiyon in there kissing.
After that.. my world was destroyed and all I could hear was the sound of my heart.. ripping into pieces. I broke down and left" I let out a sob. Those bad memories again... it still hurts to think about them.

"Tae.." I looked up at him and I teared even more by the look on his face. It was sad and apologetic. "..the reason I was so upset was because..." I paused.

"I love you"