chapter 6

Sunday 10:45 am

I had woken up about 30 minutes earlier and was doing my makeup and getting ready to meet Jungkook and hang out with him at the mall. Jimin probably wouldn't come anyways, still dealing with the crazy aftermath and hungover from yesterdays party. It still hurts when I think about Taehyung... kissing her... not even giving a fuck about me.
But Jungkook... I think he came at the right time. I was so broken and exhausted yesterday evening and just needed someone's comfort..
He.. suprisingly hugged me and was genuinely worried for me. I thought that he would just.. leave me on my own misery or start complaining to me.

I finished putting blush on and looked at my outfit.. casual.. nothing overly fancy.
I heard the doorbell and ran downstairs.
"I'll get it!" I yelled as I already opened the door. There Jungkook was, standing with a big smile, spinning his car keys in his fingers.
"You ready?" he asked.
"I'll just get my purse" I smiled as I quickly walked into the living room. I saw that Chaeji had come down from upstairs and saw Jungkook waiting for me at the door.
She widened her eyes and scoffed.
"Jungkook? If you're here to hurt her again I swear to god-" she threw a fist in the air and Jungkook stepped back.
"Chaeji stop, it's fine" I ran in front of her.
"I guess Taehyung didn't ask you out then" she said out loud, enough for Jungkook to hear.
"Will you shut your mouth?" I hissed back to her as she walked upstairs with a smirk. I sighed and turned around to see Jungkook, clearly confused.
"I uhh... I'm sorry, Chaeji's just.. on her period or something, don't worry about her" I let out a laugh and walked out.
Jungkook smiled and nodded.
Why the fuck did she have to do that... now he is clearly uncomfortable and the situation is super awkward.
We went inside his car and drove off to the mall.
The whole car ride was silent. Just a quiet pop music playing in the radio..
I constanly tried to say something.. but what?? Do I.. start to rant about Chaeji? Crack some jokes? Talk about what we're gonna do??
"So.. I don't wanna sound.. annoying or anything but.. who was that Taehyung guy Chaeji was talking about?" He finally broke the silence.
Ah fuck. What do I say...

"Oh it's nothing.. just a small, little crush I had during the early semester.." I sighed.
Actually the biggest crush.. I still.. kind of have..?
"He eventually found.. someone and.. I never told him how I felt. It did hurt me a bit but.. I got over him anyways " I reassured him.

After that sentence we arrived to the mall. We got out of his car.
"So, what are we gonna do?" I said excited, trying to cheer up the mood.
"Maybe get some coffee, do shopping?" He smiled widely as we walked inside.
"Perfect" I let out a laugh.
Fuck.. hope this won't get awkward.

Wow.. he is SO much fun! I've never had this much fun before.. we totally forgot about the awkwardness and hung out... like good old times.
We bought matching coffees, and shopped some clothes. Jungkook found me the best clothes that fit me.. and I did the same to him. He knows me so well. But.. I still can't accept the fact that he had cheated on me a few months back but.. it looks like he has changed a bit.. to a better person.

"I knew you would get that beige shirt, you always loved that colour" he smiled and took a sip of his ice americano.
I smiled and continued to sip my coffee. As I looked up from my coffee, I saw a very familiar guy, sitting by himself on a bench that we were walking closer to. I widened my eyes and gulped.

Taehyung. Why is he here. Shit.

Just when I had forgotten the drama.. he comes back again.

Guess he didn't bring Jiyon this time.
Tears started to form in my eyes as we were still walking. Taehyung looked up from his phone and saw me. His eyes lit up as he closed his phone. He immediately stood up and he definitely looked like he wanted to talk. I quickly turned around and grabbed Jungkook's arm, dragging him with me.

"Woah Sooji is.. everything okay?" Jungkook asked as he just followed me. I didn't want to look back, at all.
"I saw a great candy store, let's go there" I said and let go of his arm.
"Okay it must be great then" Jungkook chuckled and started walking with you to the store. You let out a fake laugh.
I quickly wiped my tears as we quickly walked away from Taehyung.
I cannot even look at Taehyung without breaking down or getting my heart broken.

Well, it's fine... he already fucking broke it.

14:15 pm

After hours of spending time with Jungkook, you two arrived at your house to hang out.
"Chaeji!" You called out for her as you took off your jacket. You put down your purse and saw a note on the counter.

I went to a friends house, have fun

-Chaeji

Thank god she's not here. I couldn't stand being with her even a second.
Jungkook sat down on the couch and took his phone out.
"I'm just gonna change into some more comfortable clothes upstairs.. there's some snacks if you wanna get those" I smiled and quickly walked upstairs. Jungkook did a thumbs up.

After changing to a hoodie and leggings, you came back to see Jungkook, looking at you.
I smiled and sat down next to him.
"So.. do you wanna watch a movie?"
"Uhh actually.." he sighed and took my hand. "I.. wanted to talk about something"
His expression was sad and worried.

"Okay.." I said as he started to talk.

"Look.. when I.. cheated on you back then, a few months ago.. I was such a dickhead and didn't deserve you at all. I am so sorry for everything that I did and I hope that we're in good terms.. I haven't gotten over you. I still love you" He looked at me and leaned in more to look at my face. I breathed in as he leaned in and pressed his lips against mine.

What the hell is happening..
Jungkook wants us to.. get back together.
We kissed for a few seconds and I pulled away, breathing against his lips.
"J-Jungkook I.. I don't know what to say.." I whispered.

"You don't have to... please.. I promise I'll be so much more, so much better than what I was back then. I know I.. hurt you very bad and I'll never forgive myself for that but.. please. Can we try at least..?" He rubbed my back as I was completely speechless.

"You ruined my life back then.. I'll never forget it. You left a deep scar inside of me..." A tear fell down my cheek. Gosh why am I crying over so many things lately??

"I know and I'm so sorry for that... I know you'll never forgive me for that but please.. I've changed" he wiped my tear away as our foreheads were against each other.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and I flinched. Chaeji.. of course she had to come now.
I pulled away of him and stood up.
"I-I'll go get the door"
You continued to wipe your tears as you opened the door.

"Hi Sooji can.. we talk?"