Chapter Ten

Can sat with his phone in his hand, waiting for the call from Leila. He had stayed at the office, not wanting to drive to the cabin or home until he heard from Sanem.  He called Sanem's phone over and over, praying for her to answer, but her phone was still turned off. CeyCey had offered to stay with him there, until they heard some news, but Can wanted to stay alone. Leila has been gone for quite some time and he was beginning to think she wasn't going to call him, when his phone pinged with a text, " Canbey, Adin wasn't any help, so I will wait at home until she comes. Hope it's soon." He read it, panicked at the thought of him not being able to help her. He stretched out on the sofa in his office, waiting for her to call, praying she was ok.

After Leila left Adins office, he quickly deleted the picture of Can and Polen, and the texts they had sent back and forth to one another. He didn't want any type of trail leading him to Polen. That last thing he needed was for them to find out he had contacted Cans ex-girlfriend and set this whole plan up. He hadn't expected for her to disappear on them, he just wanted to humiliate her, and teach her a lesson. If his dad found out what he had done, it would be hard to talk his way out of it. They would definitely think him a disgrace to their family.

Sanem woke with a jerk, looking around, confused, " Where am I." She thought. It was  so dark she could barely see. It took her a minute to remember where she was and what had happened.    " Adin," she thought, reliving everything he had said to her. " He did this, he planted this seed of doubt in my mind."  But why was she believing what he said anyway, he had become the master of evilness. " I need to talk to Can, I know he has already explained Polen to me, but seeing that picture of them, I have to know the whole story between them." She said to herself. She stumbled down the stairs, using her phone as a light to see, as she got to the front door, she called her sister. " Sanem," Leila yelled as she answered the phone, " Where are you, we have been scared to death." Sanem explained to her what had happened, " Adin said some awful things to me, it just made me so upset I had to get away from the office." She cried, hating herself for letting him get to her like that. She told her she would be home soon, that she was at the old mansion by the park. Leila had forgotten that it used to be a favorite place for her to go when she was younger, but she was glad she was ok. She promised she would wait for her to get there. " Sanem, Can is worried sick about, you should call him and let him know you're ok." She told her. " Ok, I'll call, I didn't mean to upset him, I just had to get out of the office." She said.

His phone ringing made him jump, he had been deep in thought of Sanem and what Adin could have said to her to make her leave like that. " Sanem, my god are you ok, I've been worried sick about you, I had no idea where to look for you, or what Adin ...."Can,..I'm fine, I'm on my way home now, but I really need to talk to you, so can you meet me at the cafe down the street from the agency early in the morning." She asked, her heart aching to see him. " Of  course, or I can come to you now if you want." He said, not knowing if he could wait till morning to touch her, feel her and make sure she was ok. They agreed on 8:00, that would give her time to explain to him what Adin had  said to her, and tell him why she had been so upset. She felt like she carried the  weight of the world on her shoulders right now, she didn't like being so unsure of her feelings. One thing she knew for sure was Adin had never cared for her, he didn't have feelings of love for her either, or he wouldn't have made such accusations about her. She knew he had been upset with their breakup but to do this was more than upset, it was just plain cruel. She loved Can with all her heart, and she hoped he wasn't playing with her like some toy, as Adin had said.

She unlocked the door and walked in, being as quiet as she could to not alarm her parents, but they heard the door. " Sanem, is that you, come to the living room daughter, we need to talk." she called to her. Sanem leaned her head against the door, " Mom, can it wait until tomorrow, I'm really very tired." She said back, feeling the need to be alone. " Come, we need to talk, about your gentleman friend." She replied. She sighed, " Ok, I  coming." She yelled, putting on her slippers, so confused by everything that happened earlier in the day, she wasn't sure if she even had a "gentleman friend".  She turned on a smile and greeted her parents, " Hello, mom...dad," she said giving them a hug. She sat down with them to talk, " Sanem, your dad and I have agreed to let Mr. Divit come to dinner tomorrow evening, if he is free." She said, patting Sanem's hand. " We are willing to meet him, if this is what you want." Sanem smiled, hugging them both and thanking them for giving him a chance. At that moment, Sanem knew she also needed to give him a chance, she had to wait until she talked to Can before judging him. She had to believe in him and in his love for her and trust that Polen was a thing of the past. Adin had become an evil and vindictive man, desperately trying to make Sanem doubt Cans love. 

She said goodnight to her parents, thanking them again for agreeing. Her dads look was still that of doubt and judgment, but he had a soft spot for his baby daughter and couldn't deny her what she wanted. She went to her room, her heart was lighter, she couldn't wait until the morning.  But she still wondered where Adin had found that picture of Can and Polen, and if she should tell Can about it, but she wanted Can to know what Adin was up to. 

She snuggled in her bed, her mind was thinking of the night before at the cabin and how happy Can had been  to find her there when he returned. She smiled;......He loves me, I know it.

We have found it.....the real thing....our love.