Chapter Thirty Five

Sanem was expecting Can by 8:00 as usual, but Can called, " My love, I'm sorry but I'm not going to be able to pick you up this morning, can you ride the bus with your sister today." He asked.       " Of course, is there something wrong." She asked, disappointed. He explained to her that a meeting with a possible client had been made without his knowledge, and he needed to go with Emre. She understood, saying she would see him at the office. Emre was listening as Can told her the little white lie, laughing a him. " Abi, are you going to tell me where we are going, or not."  He asked. Can took his brother by the arm, " If I tell you, you must promise not to tell anyone else, got it." He ordered. Emre agreed, eager to know what was going on. Emre followed him as they left the house, they drove to a part of town that he wasn't very familiar with but he could see the beauty of the area. They arrived at what he thought was a park, and he followed Can down a long walkway. " Abi, where are we going?" He asked growing more curious as they went along. Can smiled, " You'll see,  but this is serious, I don't want you to make a joke of this." He ordered, squinting his eyes at his brother, which made Emre even more intrigued. As they cleared the walkway lined with overgrown trees and shrubs, the old white mansion loomed, like a dinosaur. Emres mouth dropped, " No Can, don't tell me," he stuttered. " You want to buy this for Sanem." He blurted our. Knowing all to well the unconventional ways of his brother and this was right up his way of thinking. " Emre, don't say anything until you see the inside and hear me out." He spouted.

Everyone was in a buzz in the office, as Sanem and Leila walked in. " What's going on CeyCey." She asked, looking around at them all. She hoped they weren't talking about her, they hadn't even made their announcement yet. CeyCey pulled them to the side, " We have a new employee, it's Azizbey"s old girlfriend, from many years ago. Rumor has it, they still have a flame for each other." He whispered, pretending like no one else knew. " Oh really," Sanem questioned, her eyes growing wide. What a relief, she thought, someone else for them to gossip about for a while. She looked  for Can, but he hadn't arrived yet, so she went to the coffee station to make some tea. They all waited for an announcement of the latest addition to the agency, but Aziz was waiting for Can and Emre to arrive. He didn't know what had taken them off so early in the morning but he wanted them there when he introduced her to everyone. 

" Isn't it great Emre? Can asked, looking around with visions spinning in his head. Emre tilted his head to one side, " Well, if you close one eye and tilt your head just right, I guess I can see the possibility." He said, mocking his brother. Can looked at him with a warning stare, " Emre, I told you this was serious, so don't make jokes."  Can told him the story that Sanem had told him about the old mansion, how special it was to her. " I have already spoke to the agent about it, and it just so happens the present owners are ready to sell. It was a family heirloom and they have decided to sell it, since the older members of the family are gone. They walked out to the property, the yard was massive, but it still had that family feel. Emre wandered around in awe of the grandeur of the estate. " Abi, what do you plan on doing with this much space." He asked in amazement. He turned to Emre, " We are going to fill it with babies, as many as she is willing to have." He answered with a glow of joy in his face. Emre was shocked, his brother had never even hinted that he was interested in having children before, and now he wanted to fill a mansion with them. This was a different man he was looking at, but who ever he was he seemed happier that ever before. " I have given them an offer, so I'm waiting to hear back, but I'm sure it will go through because I was very generous." Can exclaimed, still walking through the house, looking at every inch of it. " Emre I want you to oversee the renovations on the house while we are gone, do you think you can do that?" He asked, giving him that serious look. " Can, this is a total gut and rebuild job, you know that, but if that's what you want, then I can do it. How much money do you have to put into it" He said. " As much as it takes Emre," he stated, " I want everything to be right." 

Sanem was beginning to worry about Can and Emre, it was almost lunch time and they still hadn't made to the office. She had been working in the archive room most of the morning, but she knew if he had came in, he would have found her there. She started to the coffee bar for tea, when she saw the two walk in. He met her there, giving her a kiss on the cheek. All eyes were Immediately on them. " Hello my love, bring our tea, and come to my office." He said, giving her a wink. She smiled and nodded, giving him a wink back. Aziz was waiting for the in Cans office,       " There you two are, I've been waiting for you, we need to make the announcement about Can and Sanem, and also introduce Mihriban." He urged. Sanem came in with the tea, sitting it on the desk, " Whats going on, something wrong." She asked, looking from Aziz to Can. " We need to make the announcement, let's go." He said ushering Sanem out the door. " What announcement," she asked, as they pushed her to the office floor. Aziz got everyone's attention,      " I have a couple of things to announce, if I could have your attention." He said, waving for everyone to come closer. "First, our family has a wonderful announcement to make, Sanem and Can are engaged, and will marry on September 19th." He shouted, then clapped. With everyone following suit. " Can will be leaving the company for a new job assignment in Peru, and Sanem will be going along with him." He stated,,clapping again. " I'm sure you all would like to wish them well on their journey, and a speedy return." He said, hugging Can and Sanem. " Next, we have a new employee, Ms Mihriban, she will take Deren place. She is very experienced and is here to help each of you with whatever she can." He spouted, smiling as he reached for her hand.

Emre and Can both looked at each other, smiling. It looked like their dad had rekindled the love of his life and wasn't about to lose it again....

With the office offering their well wishes, and the women hovering around Sanem, gazing at the ring on her finger, Can took Leila aside, " As soon as you can, come to my office. I need to talk to you in private, and don't tell Sanem." He whispered. She nodded, going back to her office. When Sanem left, going back to the archive room, she went to Cans office. " Yes Canbey, what can I do for you." She asked. "First of all, I think it's time to stop with the Canbey and just call me Can, can we do that." He said, smiling at her. She agreed, " Yes Can, I think we can." She said. " Ok, I need your help with something very important, in fact you will need to work with Emre on this." I'm buying the old mansion by the park, the one that Sanem loves so much, and having it renovated. Since you know her style, I will have you oversee the decorating, and Emre is in charge of the work." The work will start immediately, and I hope it will be done when we return." He stopped, analyzing Leila, and waiting for her reaction. She was overjoyed and more than willing to help, and the thought of working closely with Emre had her excited.

 " So Sanem has no idea you are doing this," She asked....

" It's my surprise to her, a wedding gift you might say. She took me there a few days ago, and revealed all the dreams she had there, to me." He said, tears forming in his eyes.

" It will be our home, a place to come back to, and start our family.........it's going to be a place for our kids to grow........