chapter 4

riley's pov:

"Even the fans noticed!" I shook my head and we burst to cackle that we couldn't keep our laughs inside.

Emersen held her stomach and I fell down on the ground, laughing.

"He deserves it, though." She shrugged and I giggled.

"True."

She stood up from the sofa and walked over the counter, grabbing a glass and filling it up with water from the sink.

I ran my hand to my hair scratching and opened my mouth, ready to talk but closed it when I was interrupted by the doorbell.

Emersen perked up, gazing our eye contact and I frowned.

"Can you get that, please? I gotta go pee." She asked and I nodded.

I stood up and she whirled around, on her way to the bathroom.

The doorbell rang again and I wandered faster, unlocking the door to view Matthew glaring while Johnny's standing there smiling beside him.

I raised my eyebrow, widening the front door for them to come in.

"What do you guys doing here?" I asked and Matt looked around.

"Is Em here?" He asked.

I raised my eyebrow and nodded, "Why?"

"She shaded my closest friend!" I rolled my eyes at 'friend'.

"He's not even your friend..." Johnny mumbled and I giggled as he earned the meanest glare from Matt.

"Riley, who's at the door?" Emersen shouted, hesitating for my answer but she arrived and stare the boys before smiling.

"You evil! You shaded my best friend!" Matthew pointed at her, stepping closer.

She rolled her eyes and looked away, "Oops?"

Johnny and I strolled to the sofa and quietly sat, squatting back towards the sofa while gawking at them.

Johnny snatched the popcorn and popped it inside his mouth, eating it.

"I don't like you..."

I giggled loudly but stopped when I got a mean glare from Matt.

"Oh, come on! You know you like me." Emersen exclaimed, crossing her arms. "Also, you guys aren't even 'friends'."

She quoted at the word, 'friend' before lifting her eyebrows and frowning.

"Close friends." Matthew said, slowing down at 'close'.

She rolled her eyes, "Fine."

He smiled, sitting down with us.

"That was-"

"...Epic." Johnny finishes the sentence and I giggled as I grabbed a handful of the popcorn and chewing it slowly.

"You guys are weird." Matt mumbled.

"Says the one who's talking." I snapped back, raising my eyebrow and Em smirked.

"Oh, shut up."

I laughed and later we got distracted watching a movie together.

•••

emersen's pov:

As the movie was done, the boys left, leaving us just with Riley.

Since we were the best best friends, we decided to move in after years of being friends.

She was the only friend who I could trust, she was like my sister, my family.

I'm so glad I got to meet her.

"Ok. Um, I'm gonna go sleep." I announced, taking off my sweater before waving to her.

"But, it's only 8." She whined, frowning at the clock.

"Exactly." I said, lifting my forehead and she rolled her eyes.

"Ok then. Goodnight." She smiled, waving back.

I gave her a small smile before going to my bedroom.

I shut the door and changed into my pyjamas as I took my phone, plugging it to the side.

I grabbed my comfy blankets on top of me and snuggled before closing the light from the lamp.

I closed my eyes, praying quietly in my head before darkness came.

•••