chapter 5

(WARNING: THERE WILL BE ABUSE IN THE CHAPTER!)

•••

Slap. Slap. Slap.

I cried quietly as he ran his hand to the belt before slapping it to my back painfully.

I narrowed my eyes to my mom who was grinning as she acted like nothing was happening.

Help...

I sobbed louder, "Shut the fuck up, Aria!"

I flinched as he committed it harder and I could listen to my mom laughing.

I shut my eyes and later felt my dad froze at the sound of a vase broken down on the floor.

I quickly reopened my eyes and looked around at my parents, frowning before mumbling under their breath.

"Don't make a single sound." Dad sternly said, threatening as he looked over to me, scowling.

I widened my eyes, looking away but looked back again when I heard a bunch of people talking faintly.

"Who is it, Victor?" Mom whispered and Dad shushed her quickly as they quietly stepped closer to the door.

"Be quiet, Ines."

I shifted my scarred back, forgetting what happened earlier and I groaned loudly.

I immediately hushed waiting for my parent's responses but didn't as they evacuated unexpectedly.

I frowned, glimpsing around before standing up carefully.

I groaned quietly as I walked slowly and as I was about to peek from the door, I gasped quietly.

They're dead. They're dead. They're dead.

I walked backwards but crashed into the wall.

I frowned, peeking behind and I broadened my eyes at a huge guy in front of me.

I tried to run away but strong hands shortly grabbed me and I avoided eye contact, whimpering.

"Please. Just don't hurt me." I whispered, quietly.

"I'm not going to hurt you. We saved you," An intense voice was heard and I grimaced before making eye contact with him.

I was able to speak but a soft voice was then heard and I peeked to the side to a beautiful middle-aged woman standing with her golden locks and hazel eyes filled with concern and love.

"It's ok, honey." She unwrapped her arms and the guy let go of me.

I sobbed sprinting to her ignoring my scarred back as I hugged her tightly and it was surprising cause I wouldn't do this at all.

What am I doing? I'm hugging a stranger.

I mean running to a random woman hugging in front of me who could be just like my parents.

She then tightened the hug back and kissed the top of my head as I sobbed loudly onto her chest.

"It's ok, sweetie. We got you." She said, quietly as she placed her head on mine.

"Please take me home." I whispered.

"We will, honey." Said by the woman, lifting up my chin as she slowly brushed the tears off my cheeks. "I can't believe I found you."

They're finally gone.

I gasped loudly, sitting up instantly as I opened my eyes, my heart beating rapidly outside of my chest.

I blinked couple of times faster before looking around and spotted my phone. I unwrapped my hands, tapping the phone screen and the time showed, '6:20 pm'

I slept for 10 hours?!

I pushed my blanket and stood up.

As I was in the bathroom, I slowly turned around, revealing my scarred back from the mirror in front of me.

My vision became blurred but it went away shortly.

Don't do this, Emersen. You got this.

I shook my head and inhale and exhale rapidly.

When I was finally calmed down, I went into the shower and did my business.

As I was finally done, I dressed in a pair of black leggings, a long white sleeve shirt and a pair of black sneakers.

I grabbed my workout bag inside filled with my equipment and I grabbed my phone along and opened the door.

I closed it, later strolling into the kitchen and yanked a green apple before taking off outside.

I went into my car and dropped my belongings inside.

I grabbed my bag on my lap, zipping the pocket and grabbed a pill on my hand before throwing it into my mouth and swallowing it with water in a cup holder.

I inhale deeply, commencing the car and settling on my seatbelt.

I clutched my grip on the wheel and closed my eyes, "Hope it's a good day, today."

I murmured and reopened my eyes before going on my way to the arena.

•••

damn that was deep