chapter 10

The intermission of the second period was finally done and it's now for the third period.

For some reason, I actually got giddy for something stupid and I'm not gonna say it cause it's embarrassing. Well for me.

"Ok, guys! We're ready to do this, kick their asses and be the best you can be. Ok?" Coach yelled and we roared, grinning as we got up and started to hype each other up again.

I patted Johnny's and Matt's helmets hard and I laughed, feeling hyped. The boys looked at me, raising their eyebrows and I gave them a look of confusion and they shook their heads.

"Let's go, boys! We have to win!" I yelled and everyone nodded and smiled.

If I could score a goal again, this one is for Miles. My favourite.

The flames stepped on the ice and the Scotiabank Saddledome erupted into cheers as always. The energy was always amazing and new. I loved this team so much.

We skated around before the bell rang and it was ready for the third period. McDavid and I were the ones dropping the puck and once it was dropped, it came at their side and I shoved him hard.

That's also why when Draisaitl was pestering Johnny after the play was whistled dead, I took action. I grabbed Draisaitl by the back of his jersey and pulled him towards me.

He began to rant off a bunch of chirps. I shook my head and rolled my eyes, "Fuck off, Draisaitie."

"What're you gonna do? Cry and scare off somewhere?" He laughed at the end of the sentence and I looked at him, amused.

He then quickly stopped laughing as I dropped my gloves and smirked.

Payback time, bitch.

He also dropped his gloves and grabbed the front of my jersey and twisted it tightly. I swiftly punched him in his cheek without hesitation and he almost manage to fall down on the ice. I stifle in my laugh but stopped when he punched my jaw and I winced quietly.

Even though I got used to it, I had much worse in my life and it was depressing. And I couldn't trust anyone about my life, except Riley doesn't know what happened in my young ones.

I kept punching him twice before he fell on the ice, pulling myself onto him and the referees pulled me away, sending me into the penalty box while they had taken him inside.

I smirked as I immediately heard many taps at the same time from both teams congratulating Draisaitl and myself. The arena cheered and I smiled innocently as nothing had happened earlier.

5 minutes in and it was my turn. Johnny tricked one of the guy in front of him from the Oilers and he quickly pass it to me. I skated around with the puck and tried to see what I could do. I then saw a hole and swiftly past it to the net. The crowd burst into cheers and roared as I yelled in excitement again and did one of my celly before the flames came and clapped their hands to mine.

I took off to the bench and grinned before nodding to the coach as he kneeled down and jerked his head to my ear, "That was a good one, Campbell. Keep it up."

I nodded then again and turned my head back to the game.

Like I said, this one was for Miles.

•••

After scoring twice, one of the guys from the Oilers had scored within minutes of the game ending and it was not good.
More likely, disappointed.

Now, the time had started 8 minutes ago and it was overtime to 2-2. I shook my head and skated approximately, maintaining the fellows while the Oilers pasts the puck around.

I shouted, "You guys suck!"

Draisaitl was distracted and so I stole the puck from him as I skated fast by myself and also fooled the goalie which finally went to the net.

The audience burst into cheers and I opened my mouth, taking off my mouthguard before the rest of the flames came, jumping on me and yelling in excitement.

We all laughed and got off together as we patted our heads as well as the goalie, David Rittich.

"Damn, Em! Hat trick!" Johnny shouted, proudly and I shrugged. As we came into the changing room, I sigh deeply and took off the helmet.

This would happen all the time and it wasn't that big of a deal.

"It doesn't matter. It always happens." I rolled my eyes, taking off the equipment and the guys rolled their eyes as I chuckled.

"Good game, Campbell," Coach smiled and we shook hands as I placed my satchel over my shoulder. "Awesome game, you guys. Hope this continues with the other ones."

We nodded and some of us left. "Ok, see you guys later. Bye."

I waved, giving them a small smile and the boys waved back as I left outside. I pulled out my car keys and beeped as I opened it.

"Emersen!" Someone shouted and I immediately knew who it was, Riley. "Congrats on the hat trick."

She winked and I rolled my eyes, chuckling as she got on the other way of the car door and got inside without hesitation. I got in too and we placed on the seatbelts as I start the car.

"Soooo," she broke the silence and I looked at her, amused. "What happened with you and Connor?"

"Can we not talk about him? He's a douchebag." I told her and Riley giggled, pushing my head playfully as I focused on the road.

"He's kinda hot." She mumbled and I rolled my eyes, turning right as I dismissed her reply.

"As you can tell, I'm obviously wearing your jersey." She smirked and I looked at her, grinning as we stopped at a red light.

I nodded, "I know, dumbass. You told me many times now."

I chuckled as I saw her rolled her eyes and took out a middle finger at me and I dramatically gasp.

"You bitch." I dramatically glared at her and she laughed. As soon as the green lights start, I began laughing along with her and I gripped the wheel.

Can't wait to go home.

•••