chapter XXII

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Sunlight poured through the window in my room. I opened my eyes to find Poe with his arms wrapped around me. I smiled as I looked at him sleeping peacefully. We must have fallen asleep while talking.

"Poe." I whispered.

He shifted without opening his eyes.

"No, just a few more minutes." He said, holding me closer.

"We can't stay like this forever." I laughed trying to get up.

He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Why not?" he asked, groggily.

My heart sunk a little as I remembered the connection.

"That'd be too perfect now wouldn't it." I said, caressing his cheek.

Suddenly, we heard a noise outside the room. We both shot up from the bed.

"You heard that, right?" Poe looked at me, urgency filling his voice.

I nodded silently. He slowly stood up, grabbing his blaster. I got up and reached for my lightsaber which I had placed on the nightstand. I turned it on. Poe looked back at me and nodded. He opened the door and pointed the blaster.

"Don't shoot!" a voice said.

As I looked closer, I saw them.

"Amalie!" I said, lowering my lightsaber.

"You know her?" Poe asked.

"Yes, she was my old nurse maid." I answered, walking towards her.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

"You're alright! Are there any other survivors?" I asked.

"Yes, a few of us managed to hide from the First Order. Your sister is with us." She said.

I looked back at Poe.

"Your sister!" Poe cheered.

"Can you take us to her?" I asked.

Amalie nodded.

"Wait y/n. We should tell the others." Poe said.

Poe quickly alerted the rest of the team to meet us. In a few seconds they were all there.

"You found her?" Finn asked.

"No, but we know where she is." Poe answered.

"Well that is very good news!" 3PO exclaimed.

"Amalie is among the survivors and she can lead us there." I said.

"Well what are we waiting for?" Rose questioned.

"Please be wary of First Order troops. If they spot us, this may all be for nothing." Poe warned.

Amalie guided us to an underground bunker. It was inside the actual palace, but it was hidden enough that the troopers may not have even looked twice at it. Amalie asked to be let in, and the door was opened.

Poe stepped in first as I followed close behind. It had about 3 castle staff members and 2 nobles that must have not been able to escape on time.

"y/n!" I heard my name being called out as someone hugged me.

"Dagmar!" I exclaimed, hugging my sister.

She was only 2 years younger than me, making her 17. She was certainly a fighter like me, and I knew she would make a great leader.

"Are you okay?" I asked, looking at her.

"I am as well as I can be. When we were attacked, I was alone in my room. Amalie saw me and grabbed me before anything could happen. As we ran, we heard our names being called to come into the bunker and we have been here ever since." She explained.

"I'm so sorry." I said.

"It's not your fault. It's that awful First Order's fault." She smiled.

I looked at Poe.

"Can we get them all out?" I asked.

Poe looked around.

"I think so, but we have to be quick and quiet." He answered.

We began to leave the bunker and make our way out of the palace. We managed to avoid the troopers inside the palace. As we got outside, we saw more but successfully remained unnoticed.

"Oh no." Poe said.

"What?" I asked, moving closer.

The Falcon was surrounded by Storm Troopers.

"Oh, I've got a bad feeling about this." 3PO said.

"There! Trespassers!" a Storm Trooper alerted the rest.

In seconds every trooper was on us. Without a second thought I turned on my lightsaber and began to protect those who didn't have weapons. Blasters were being shot left and right as I tried to focus on the Storm Troopers who had batons.

"Go! Run to the ship!" Poe shouted.

The survivors ran to the ship.

"Rose go with them! We need someone to have the ship ready to leave! We will cover for you!" I said.

"Okay! Hold on." She said heading to the ship.

There were so many of them. I didn't understand why they were all there when the First Order was aware of my existence. I assumed they knew I was with the Resistance, but I guess not. Then I felt him.

Ben.

...
                 ─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

This is going to be an interesting family reunion.

Please vote if you like the story! <3