chapter XXIV

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

I woke up with a start. As my eyes focused, I saw Kylo Ren sitting across from me. I tried to move but quickly realized I was trapped. My arms and legs were held by metal. Kylo looked up at me, noticing I was awake. He got up and stepped closer.

"What do you want?" I asked, staring at him.

He continued looking at me. It's like he was trying to read my very soul.

"If you're going to kill me then get on with it. They're safe and that's all that matters." I said.

"Now why would I kill you?" Kylo asked stepping even closer and leaning down to meet my eye.

"It's what you do. You're a killer." I challenged.

"I may be a killer but so are you." He said, speaking calmly.

"No, I'm not." I said.

"No?" He said almost amused by my answer.

"You forget all of the Storm Troopers you've killed. I know you feel the call to the dark side. The moment you picked up that lightsaber, all you've done is kill." He continued.

"I was protecting myself and the Resistance fighters." I said, struggling against my bonds.

"You and I, we aren't that different." He remarked.

"You and I couldn't be more different." I spat.

He began to circle me.

"We are a part of the Skywalker bloodline. The dark side is in us." He explained.

"You're wrong." I said.

"Oh? Please enlighten me then?" he said, coming back to face me.

"These are the lies you tell yourself to justify your turning to the dark side but we both know the truth. You are a coward." I provoked.

"I only saw the power the dark side holds." He explained.

"The power it holds? No. You just needed an excuse to explain why you broke your mother's heart. To explain why you turned on everyone who loved you." I continued.

"There. That hate. If you just give into it, you would understand." He said.

"I won't." I said.

"You're holding on for someone." He began.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You only do this to protect those you love. There's someone you won't let go of." He pointed out.

"Whatever you want from me, you won't get it!" I shouted at him.

"I will. I don't doubt that." He replied.

"Just kill me already and be done with it." I yelled, frustrated.

He wasn't giving me any answers.

"I'm not going to kill you. You're my sister." He said.

"Now you care about family?"

"I want you to join me."

"Join you?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"The force is strong in you. With a teacher you can master it."

"Why would I ever join you or the dark side?"

"I'm not giving you a choice here." He said.

"I'd rather die but you won't kill me." I challenged him.

"You're right, I won't kill you but..." he trailed off as he walked away from me.

I followed him with my eyes wondering what he was going to say.

"The pilot." He said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as worry filled my very soul.

"Your thoughts betray you. That pilot has been a thorn in the side of the First Order. I'd be more than glad if he died." He paused looking back at me.

"But if you join me, I won't hurt him." He said.

"You may not hurt him, but you have a whole army who can. I know how this works." I said.

"Yes, I do. The pilot will not be harmed by anyone in the First Order and I'll make sure of that. Join me and he will be protected." He said coming back to look me in the eye.

I didn't want to. Everything in me wanted to say no but his life was at stake. I couldn't let him die because of me when I could have done something. If I say no that would put an even bigger target on his back.

"I'll join you." I said without a second thought.

...
                ─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

What do you guys think of the deal?

Please make sure to vote on the chapters! :)