9.

Olivia's POV

        Chris and I walked behind Bella, hand-in-hand, as we headed back to the hotel we were staying at.

"Are you scared?" Chris asked me.

"It's just Ethan. Why be scared?"

"Because ever since we've met he hasn't been the same."

I missed my fun loving brother who loved to goof of, but, for as long as Chris and I love each other, we're stuck with the overprotective Ethan that no on likes.

"You guys should've seen him when he found out both of you were gone. He was practically tearing the whole hotel apart," Bella said as she slowed her pace and walked alongside Chris and I.

"I can imagine," I replied.

"He told all of us to split up and find you guys. Some of us aren't even from Sydney so who knows if the others got lost, but he said he wanted to meet you guys at the lobby so that you could talk."

"By talk to us he actually means yell at us," Chris said.

We walked for a few more minutes and finally the person that we absolutely dreaded to see was standing right there, arms folded to his chest and a grey beanie on his head.

"I'm gonna go look for the others. Good luck with Ethan," Bella said then ran off.

Chris and I just stood there, staring at Ethan, he hadn't even noticed us yet, but when he did his expression turned cold and I noticed every inch of his body tense up.

"Ethan we-" Chris started saying, but Ethan cut him off.

"Let's go to our room. We'll talk there," he said, pretending to not seem mad, but we could see past all of his attempts.

The three of us got into the elevator and Ethan pushed a button, before folding his arms again.

Chris held me close to him, trying his best to make me feel safe and it worked for a while.

The doors of the elevator opened and the three of us walked down the hallway and into Ethan's room.

"Sit," he commanded and I sat on the bed, but Chris remained standing.

"I said sit," he repeated.

"No."

"And why not?"

"Chris, just sit down please," I pleaded, tugging on his arm and he sighed, before taking a seat next to me.

Ethan eyed the two of us for quite a long time, at least long enough for me to notice. First, his burning gaze landed on my face and his expression looked like disappointment. Then he looked over at Chris with nothing but pure hatred and anger. Lastly, he stared at the nonexistent space between us, before diverting his focus back to me.

"Explain," he commanded.

"Ethan, this was my idea. She didn't do any-"

"No. I want her side first." I sighed.

"Well, I heard a knock on the door of my hotel room and when I opened it, I saw Chris standing there in his pajamas. He asked me if I wanted to go to the park with him and I thought why not, so we went there and just walked around. That's pretty much it."

"Oh yeah, how do you explain that flower in your hair?"

"There were tons of them outside the park and I thought they were really pretty, so I got one."

"Chris gave that to you," he said. It was more of a statement than a question. He already knew, but he wanted to see if we would lie. 

"Ethan, it's just a flower," I said, but he had already directed his attention to Chris.

"AND YOU. WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?! TAKING MY LITTLE SISTER OUT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!" he yelled at the top of his lungs and there was nothing I could do to stop Chris from standing up and fighting back.

"WOULD YOU HAVE SAID YES IF I ASKED FOR YOUR PERMISSION?"

"OF COURSE NOT! I DON'T WANT OLIVIA RUNNING AROUND WITH A GUY LIKE YOU!"

I felt so helpless. There was nothing I could do, but watch them fight. It was my brother vs. the guy I love.

"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME? WE USED TO BE BEST FRIENDS!"

"USED TO BE. UNTIL YOU DECIDED THAT IT WAS OKAY TO HIT ON MY TWIN SISTER," he yelled and both of their faces were already bright red from anger. "WHAT ABOUT YOUR PROMISE, CHRIS?"

"I BROKE MY PROMISE EVEN BEFORE I MADE IT! I'VE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH HER AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO!"

Ethan stiffened for a while, but then he took one more step towards Chris and I started getting scared. What the hell is he gonna do to him? Ethan forcefully pulled on the neckline of Chris' shirt and pulled on it, so that now, they were eye level.

"Just watch me," Ethan said in a very low voice that it was pretty difficult to hear. Then he stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

I stood up from the bed and walked over to Chris, his jaw slightly dropped and his breathing heavy. Then I wrapped my arms around his torso as tight as I could and, almost like a reflex, he hugged me back and placed his forehead against mine.

"Are you okay?" he asked and I nodded.

He placed his hands on both sides of my face and I got on my tiptoes, before our lips met in the middle and a tingly feeling spread throughout my body, but then I heard the door click and we both stopped and turned our heads only to see Ethan shaking with rage.

"Get out," he said, trying to stay calm.

"Ethan we-" Chris started and that's when he snapped.

"I SAID GET OUT!!!"

I followed closely behind Chris as we hurriedly walked over to the door, but Ethan placed a hand on my shoulder and spun me around, before locking Chris out in the hallway.

"Not you, though," he said. "We're not done talking yet."