11.

Olivia's POV

        "Hey sis!" I heard Ethan yell from outside my hotel door and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't want to talk to you right now."

"But you aren't going to to talk to me."

"What do you mean?"

"Sweetie, go open the door," I heard a woman say and she sounded exactly like our mum.

I approached the door slowly and once I opened it I saw Ethan in a better mood, holding a laptop with our mum on Skype.

"Mum!" I yelled, grabbing the laptop from my brother and plopping down on my bed as Ethan followed.

"Olivia! I miss you so much."

"I miss you too!"

"You're in Sydney at the moment, right?"

"Yeah. It's really cool here. Can we move?" I asked as a joke and she laughed. Even Ethan cracked a smile.

"Enough of that. How's the tour?" she asked and mine and Ethan's smile dropped.

"Why don't you ask your son."

"Is something wrong over there?"

"Well, Olivia has a boyfriend and I don't approve."

"Chris isn't my boyfriend!" I protested.

"But you want him to be!"

"I never said that!"

"Both of you stop it!" our mum said sternly and we both looked back at her as we tried to squeeze our faces into the tiny square. "What's his name?"

"Chris Lanzon," I replied.

"I thought you guys were best friends,"

"We were best friends, but then he decided to fall in love with my little sister."

"I don't see what's so wrong with that."

"It doesn't matter. I'm sending Olivia back home," he said.

"If Olivia goes home, then you go home with her."

"But mom, I'm part of the tour!"

"It's either she stays or both of you go back home."

"But-"

"Ethan," she said, sternly and Ethan sighed.

"Fine."

Part of me wanted to go home, because that meant it would hurt a lot less when I had to leave Chris. If I stay until the end of the tour, I'll become too attached to him and it'll hurt like hell to leave him. Although, I know that spending more time with him is the right thing to do.

~~~~~~~~

"Chris!" I exclaimed, once I found him roaming the hallways.

I ran towards him and he picked me up and spun me around as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You seem happy," he said, putting me down, but keeping his hands on my waist.

"I'm not going home!"

"What!?! You aren't!?!"

"Nope! Ethan and I talked to our mum and she said that if I went home Ethan would have to come with me, so I'm staying."

He was smiling from ear-to-ear and his eyes sparkled as he stared at me.

"This is crazy," he whispered, connecting our foreheads together.

"I know."

"The moment I saw you climb on the bus, I couldn't deny that you were beautiful. I knew that you didn't like me too much, or at all. I decided to change my attitude in Penrith and we somehow became friends. On our way to Newcastle, it felt amazing to have you there in my arms, fast asleep. And I just hope you felt safe in them. Once we arrived, we got even closer. No longer friends, but not yet lovers." He paused for a moment to look down at his feet and smiled. "Sydney has to be the best one so far and I don't even have to tell you why, because you already know why."

"Chris..." I trailed off, brushing his fringe out of his eye. "You're going to make me cry."

"And even if Ethan gets his way, or we get separated by distance, maybe even find other people and  never see each other again." He took in a deep breath. "Just remember me and these three days. Hold on to the memories. And remember that wherever I am and wherever you are, I will be singing Ed Sheeran songs all night, hoping that you're listening."

I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks and as he looked me in the eye again, I could see that he was crying too.

I peered over Chris' shoulder and just saw Ethan standing there with a defeated look on his face and that's when I instantly pulled away from his embrace.

"Olivia, what's wro- Oh."

"Did you hear all that?" I asked and he nodded.

I was expecting him to yell at us again. I was expecting him to blow up with anger. I was expecting him to drag me back home at that very moment. But my expectations were wrong.

He walked up to Chris and just stared him right in the eye.

"Why did I ever think that you would hurt her?" Chris stayed silent, biting his lip. "I thought that you would be able to take care of her, to be what she needed... Now I know that you can."

"Ethan, what are you saying?" I asked, not believing anything that he was saying.

"I'm apologizing for these past few days. You won't have to worry about me anymore."

"So does that mean that I-"

"Yes, you can be with Chris," he replied, cutting me off. Then, Ethan just walked away without another word and Chris and I looked at each other in astonishment.

"Did Ethan just-"

"Yeah. I guess he did," I replied and he smiled down at me.

He pulled me in for a kiss and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.

I finally felt free.

~~~~~~~~

A/N: I just felt like it was time to bring the old Ethan back lol. Chris is such a sweetheart i'm srsly crying. ~Olivia x