10.

Olivia's POV

        "Wasn't yelling at Chris enough? Now you want to yell at me too?" 

"We don't have to yell."

"But you're still going to," I pointed out and I watched as his fists clenched. "Ethan, I love Chris."

"No, you can't."

"But I do."

I knew perfectly well that Chris was right outside with his ear pressed against the door, listening in to every word that I say. This was no longer a conversation. This is now a fight.

"But your promise. You promised me," Ethan said, trying to keep his voice low.

"Some promises are meant to be broken, just like this one." 

"What do you see in him?" he asked, his voice raising a little.

"You won't understand because you've never fallen in love before, but I have," I spat.

I heard a few more thumps on the door and I guess a few other people may have joined Chris and started listening.

"Love?" Ethan scoffed, then he let out a cold laugh that gave me chills. 

"Ethan, I've had enough. I don't want to start a fight."

"If you don't want us to fight, then maybe you should've stuck to your promise."

"I can't just control my feelings like that. Ethan, please-"

"We used to be so close, inseparable even. What happened?" he asked. "Oh wait. I know what happened. You feel in love when I clearly told you not to. And to make it even worse, you fell in love with Chris Lanzon, isn't that nice?" The sarcasm in his voice was almost poison to my ears and I just felt the urge to hit him, but I restrained myself.

"That isn't why. Chris has nothing to do with this, Ethan."

"Oh, so you're defending him now. Just perfect."

I couldn't take it anymore.

"ETHAN, IF YOU WOULD JUST LISTEN TO ME AND STOP BEING A SELFISH LITTLE JERK MAYBE YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and he seemed a little surprised at my outburst as his eyebrows raised and his eyes widened.

"WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE? IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT YOU, ISN'T IT?"

"ETHAN, YOU KNOW I TRIED, BUT I JUST COULDN'T DO WHAT YOU WANTED ME TO DO. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ACCEPT THAT?"

"I KNEW THAT YOU WERE GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH CHRIS. I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO BREAK YOUR PROMISE. I KNEW HE WAS GOING TO BREAK HIS PROMISE AND FALL FOR YOU TOO. AND I WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO THINK THAT I COULD STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING, BUT I CERTAINLY TRIED, DIDN'T I?" he yelled and I thought I saw a tear trickle down his face.

"WELL IT'S TOO LATE. YOUR PLANS HAVE FAILED."

He wiped his eyes, furiously and turned back to me.

"You're going back home," he said, no longer yelling, but definitely still mad.

"W-what?"

"You heard me."

My mouth hung open with shock. How could Ethan be so heartless?

"Ethan, you promised to take me on tour with you. An entire tour."

"Some promises are meant to be broken," he mocked.

"I HATE YOU SO MUCH! I WISH YOU WEREN'T MY BROTHER!" I yelled, before stomping over to the door. From the corner of my eye I saw a pained expression cross his face.

"Olivia..." he trailed off, but I just shook my head and rested my hand on the door knob.

"Just leave me alone, Ethan."

I slammed the door behind me and before I knew it, I was being enveloped by two sets of arms. When I looked up, I saw Maddison and Bella looking down at me.

"We'll go talk to him," Robbie said and motioned for Ruhi to follow him as they disappeared into the room.

"It's okay, sweetie. He'll change his mind," Bella cooed.

I hadn't realized I was crying until Alexa came up to me, holding a handkerchief and wiping my cheeks gently.

It was barely even lunch time and there was already so much to deal with. Today started out amazing, but now, I just wanted it to end already.

I looked over Maddison's shoulder to see Chris just standing there, away from everyone else. His hands in his pockets and it looked like he had run his fingers through his hair multiple times.

"Chris..." I said quietly, but he didn't meet my eyes.

Bella and Maddison let go of me and I walked over to Chris, who just kept on staring at the floor. I got on my tiptoes and wrapped my arms around his neck, but he still didn't move.

"Is he really making you go back home?" he asked, his voice low.

"I don't know yet, but there's a pretty good chance."

He finally wrapped his arms around my waist and for that short moment, it felt like everything was okay. I met his brown eyes as my fingers gently traced his jawline.

"What will happen if I do go home? And when the tour ends? We live in entirely different states."

"We'll find a way. I promise," he replied and placed his lips on mine. I heard a few 'aww's in the distance, but we still continued, until both of us eventually ran out of breath. My brown eyes met his once more and I just smiled, then planted a sweet kiss on the tip of his nose.

"And I intend on keeping this promise."

~~~~~~~~

A/N: i got lost again lol but i actually sorta like this chapter. maybe i should rename this story 'promises' or something 'cause that damn word is mentioned so many times but i'm too lazy to make a new cover so let's just stick to the current one. hope you enjoyed this and thanks for the 500 reads you guys rock! ~Olivia x