Chapter 6

Wilsen

I thought the best decision I ever did is to choose between sacrifice over something. I keep on wondering since then, how my actions cause such things in my life. I don't want to blame others for my misery because in the first place I made the decision by my self. The death and the loss seems to be the outcome of my actions. Losing someone you treasured is like the feeling of jumping in high place.

Hindi ko inakala na muli ko pangbabalikang tanaw ang lahat. Sa ilang ulit ko itong pilit kinalimutan upang makapag patuloy akong mabuhay araw-araw darating ang araw na wala kanang magawa kung hindi harapin ang nakaraan. Now, I understand maybe it's not the right time but there is always a right time for everything and today is the day.

I feel that everything is in chaos. The voices that held an authority lingered in my senses. The sound of person running and walk faster and the sounds of guns and rifle was there at that moment. My body was so tired to command to open my eyelids just for awhile. My legs down to my feet had something on above, its heavy and I don't have a strength to move even just an inch. My hands they were tied. I try to open my eyes but failed to attempt. I was keep on observing the sound and the movement of the people at that time when a cold and callous hand touch my face. I shudder at instant.

No words but my heart and soul recognize the feeling of being touch by that hand. My eyes tarted to water. I know, it's you. It's you.

It's you, my father.

Hindi ko napigilan ang aking damdamin at bumuhos ang luha sa aking mata na matagal ko ng kinikimkim. I wanted to open my eyes and see him but my whole body was too weak to even do it. Slowly, my body surrender. I surrender in the arms of a man who I was silently yearning a day like this would come. I lost my consciousness in the arms of my father.

"Let the patient rest for her body were so drained because of the bruises she got from." Iyon ang bumungad sa aking pandinig ng mamalutan muli ang puting silid na katulad ng silid na aking namulatan noong tumalon ako sa Bridge.

"Thank you, doc"

"Don't mention it." It was followed by a long silence. I am wide awake but my body were so heavy to even move an inch. My throat were so sore. I want to talk but my voice is weak for them to hear it clearly.

Wala akong makitang tao, pero alam ko na andito si daddy. The door of my room open and I hear yaya Melda's voice.

"Oh! Gising na pala si Wilsen." lumapit siya sa akin na nanunubig ang mata. "Oh god'" yung lang at hindi na matahan ang kanyang luha sa pag-agos.

Why is it always your crying eyes is the first thing I see when shit like this happens? I always made you cry and worried of my whereabouts. You always so weary of the things I have. You're giving too much affection and care of me and all I did was to be careless.

"I'm sorry." Mahina kong sambit habang pilit na inaabot ang kanyang basang mukha. Mas lalo lamang bumuhos ang kanyang kuha pagkarinig ng sinabi ko. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Ang kanyang mukha, Ang kanyang mga mata at labi ang kanyang munting ngiti. Bakit? Bakit ngayon ko lang napansin. Ang kanyang tingin, pag-aaruga at pagmamahal sa akin ay magkasing katulad. Lahat sa kanya ang maihahalintulad ko sa aking, Ina.

Ng dumampi ang aking kamay sa kanyang basang mukha. Iba sa nakagawiang paghaplos. Agad bumuhos sa akin ang ala-alang pilit ko mang-iba on nalang ay hindi ko magagawa. Lahat sila nakapagsimula na ng bago habang ako. Patuloy na sinisisi ang sarili sa pangyayari kung sana andun ako, kung sana na samahan ko lang siya. Sana hindi iyon mangyayari. Sana hanggang ngayon, yakap-yakap pa rin kita. Anong silbi ng sana kung sa mga oras na ito ay huli na ang lahat. Ang tanging magagawa ko na lamang ang patuloy na sisihin ang aking sarili sa mga sanang hanggang sana na lamang.