Chapter 6: Meeting

*LACEY'S POV*

Me and Lola are walking down the hall. We're going on a meeting for organizing the school ball. I bet everyone is there already except us. Well, and except Luke and his gang. I don't even know others names, and I guess it's not even important since Luke clearly said they're not going to show up.

When we enter the class my jaw almost drops. I see a guy sitting on the chair, arms covered by tattoos and I will not make a comment about his hair. Yeah, I know, it's none of my business. He's sitting on the desk with Sandra and it literally looks like they want to eat each other. Do we really have to look at this?

*LUKE'S POV*

"Where the fuck is Michael?" I ask Ashton and Calum. They just shrug. "We are supposed to rehears for our concert." Ashton looks at me "maybe he's joining the meeting about school ball organizing" he grins. "Yeah, that's really funny" I roll my eyes. "Maybe he is, we're actually supposed to be there as well" Calum says. "OK, if you want to go, then go. But I'll not show up at that bullshit" I tell them. Even if I would want to show up there, I have few reasons to not to. First, Laura is there as well. I'm staying away from her right now. Second, if I would go there, she would start to make a scene or asks me thousand questions. Third, I already told Lacey that I'm not showing up. I actually said none of us will, so they can't go there too. "C'mon Luke, we can show there at least once. If it will be crap, we can still leave, they can't stop us" Ashton tells me.

*LACEY'S POV*

We are speaking about the food and drinks, when the door opens and the rest of the boys with tattoos walk in. Am I dreaming or what? We all look at each other and I notice Laura raises her eyebrow when Luke sits down on the chair right next to me. She sits right in front of me, so I can clearly see. With the corner of my eye I spot Luke just shrugs. I thought they're dating. Come on Lacey, focus. I have to tell myself, but these words stay in my mind. Actually, why would he sit next to me. I know that there were just last 3 chairs free, but if he would want to, he could just look at the girl sitting next to Laura and she would be gone.

In 15 minutes, door opens again. We all turn our heads this way and we see principal. "Hello everyone" he says, "I'm just checking if rebels are here" and he looks at the only 4 boys in the room. Then he smiles and leave.

*LUKE'S POV*

That old senile jerk finally left. I was just about to stand up and leave when he came in. Fuck. At least, he saw me there and he's not going to kick me out of school. If it would be up to me, I would drop out of it few months ago, but my mum's condition about making a band was finish the fucking school. I hope this will end soon.

After few minutes Lacey and Lola stand up and thanks to all of us for coming. Such a cliché. Damn it, I have to run away since Laura can catch me. "Luke, Luke wait!" I can hear her calling at me. Don't stop Lucas, don't stop. I'm trying to ignore her. Few seconds later I feel someone touching my hand. "Lukey bear, what's going on?" she asks me with that annoying puppy face. "Leave me alone" I say angrily. She's pretty annoying. I twitch my arm and make my way to my car. "But Lukey bear," she starts again, and the cup of my nerves overflow. "Stop calling me with this fucking nickname, it's fucking stupid and embarrassing" I start to yelling at her. "Lukey" she starts but I cut her off "no, stop with that crap, it's always like Lukey this, Lukey that. It's not my name. I'm Luke. I hope it's clear." I turn around to leave, but then I turn back to her, "yeah, and so I wouldn't forget, we're done". "Are you breaking up with me Lucas?" she's yelling at me through the tears. "Yeah, I do" I put a victory smile on my face and she looks at me for the last time and run away.

When I stand there, I catch with a corner of my eye a move. I turn to this direction and no one else is standing there than Lacey. Fuck. She looks pretty scared.

*LACEY'S POV*

I never saw someone like this before. He was totally furious, like he is crazy. She was crying there, and he was just yelling at her. I didn't want to go around them, so I was waiting until they leave. Laura just ran away but he's still standing there. I move to the side a little bit, but he turns his head to me. Damn it. What if he's going to do something to me now?

He starts to walking to me. I'm walking backwards until I'm not stopped by column. No, no, no. What am I going to do now? "Don't be scared" he says and stroke my arm, which makes me shiver. I'm looking down on my shoes.

*LUKE'S POV*

She's looking down. Why can't she be looking at me? It would be much easier. I take her chin in my hand and make her to look at me. Now I'm looking in to her bright blue eyes. She has the most beautiful eyes I ever saw. "Look, I have to tell you something" I'm cut off by Michael's voice. "Luke, where the fuck are you? We have to rehears for the gig" he's yelling from somewhere. "I'm coming" I yell back at him. I look back at her, her chin is still in my hand, "we're not done yet" I whisper into her ear and leave.