Rant 116: Ratings

Sometimes I challenge myself.

I sometimes challenge myself to make a story be PG,G, or PG-13.

Well mostly the rating where anyone can read the story. I also have this idea on the 'Rating' feud between the ratings. You see General is kind of like 'Oh, Rated G? Eh. Skipping this story." to some readers--in my opinion--and PG-13 is like the popular person..Okay I  need to explain this in story format.

General sat on the bench dangling his feet across from each other. His big eye hole stares boresomely towards the floor and he takes a sad sigh.

"Nobody likes the uncool rating." General said, looking up to see PG and PG 13 and Rated R surrounded by people.

"Hi." A silent reader said, sitting by Rating General.

Rating general looks up towards the reader.

"Lost your way to the correcting rating?" Rating General asks.

"Well." The Silent reader said. "One  thing lead to another, and then, I am here."

Rating General takes out a book and hands it to the silent reader.

"What is this?" The silent reader said, scratching their head.

"A story." Rating General said. "It is safe for you to read."

The silent reader raises a eyebrow.

"Is this story going to be boring?" The silent reader asks.

"Those folks over there are over descriptive, and, more sophisticated than I." Rating General said. "Don't judge a book by the rating."

"So it's boring." The Silent reader said.

"No." Rating General said. "You'll be surprised by what you find in this book."

The silent reader looks down towards the book.

"Okay." The silent reader opens the page, and then, was brought into a whole new world that made them forget reality.

I've learned that PG-13 ratings draw more readers, also that it is rather popular among the crowd. So I decided to  try keeping a story rated General by doing my best not to be over descriptive on some scenes, language,wordings, and so on.You don't know  how easily you can slip into the other ratings until you count all the events in your book and compare them to the summery of ratings.

It is actually nice to challenge myself once in a while.

Like Rating General doesn't get that much reads and the other ratings do. It is actually amusing to think about this personifying ratings as individuals who  are  'popular' and 'not so popular'. Thinking about it this way can lead a thinker into a whole new world in their mind thinking about this idea. Sometimes I do like to dare myself to make a rather long story and keep it the original rating it was brought into this world; but then, I fail at that sometimes.

If I have a  completed General rated story get to one thousand reads then it's like 'Sucess! I didn't change the rating at all through this journey!' and kind of like 'Ooh, that is new!'.

End rant.

If you don't want to vote because you don't understand this rant, then you are welcome not to vote.