16

*trigger warning: mentions of abuse*

Today had been an emotionally draining day. I had to film to of my hardest scenes. One was with Rudy about me finding him after his dad had beat him again. But the last one... that was the one that put me in the position I'm in now, curled up in my bed.

The scene was one were my step dad, who is an abusive asshole was beating me but thankful Rafe was coming by and walked in on everything stopping him resulting in the two of us running away from my house.

That scene hit a lot closer to my heart than it should've. One of mine and Caitlin's childhood best friends was abused for years until her mom finally got the nerve to leave her dad and moved across the country. We were only 8 when they moved and lost touch but I witnessed it once and it was the second scariest day of my life. And today having to portray it really set me over the edge.

So here Caitlin and I were curled up watching Disney+. I hadn't said much since we finished. After my last scene with Drew as soon as Jonas yelled cut and I was cleared to leave I walked straight off set to Caitlin who wrapped me in a hug as we headed to her car.

A knock on the door made Caitlin and I share a look before she got up to answer it. I hear the door opening and whispering before it shut again. A second or two later I hear footsteps in my door way and look up to see Drew leaning again the frame. "You ok?" He asks softly.

I shrug sitting up on my elbows. "Yea just emotionally drained." I admit.

Drew gives me a soft smile as he comes over and takes a seat next to me on the bed. "I get that. But you did amazing today. Jonas was blown away with how emotional and vulnerable you were."

"All of us were amazing today. Those were some hard ass scenes and I dont think I would've been able to do it if it wasn't with you, Rudy and Charles." I admit. "I'm just emotionally drained now." I flop back onto the bed.

"Come on." Drew suddenly says standing up and holding his hand out.

I look at him confused. "Did you not just hear me say I'm drained?" I question.

Drew chuckles grabbing my hands and pulling me up. "I did, but I know something that might make you feel a little better."

I groan as I let him tug me up. "Drewwwww my bed was making me feel better." He ignores my whining and tosses my jean shorts that were on the floor.

It was in that moment that I realized I only had on an oversized sweater and Nike pros. Catching the shorts I eye him and motion for him to turn around. When he does I slip on the shorts and slide my phone into my back pocket.

"Ready." I say making him turn back around.

He just grins and nods. "Come on." He nods towards the door.

"Hang on I'm gonna go tell Cait I'm leaving." I say walking towards her closed bedroom door. "Hey." I say opening the door and stepping in. "Drew is taking me somewhere, so I'm not really sure when I'll be back."

"Is he now." She smirks making me shake my head.

"I'll text you when I'm on the way home." I tell her not giving her the time to tease me.

Walking out I'm meet with Drew waiting. "Good to go?" He asks.

"Yea lets go." I nod. Placing his hand on the small of my back Drew lead me down to his truck and opened the door for me. I smile and whisper a thank you as I climb in.

The car ride was silent except for the music that played lightly in the background. I took the time to examine Drew. The way his arms flexed when he turned the steering wheel, the way he lightly swiped his tongue across his lips, his blue and how his hat rested backwards on his head. There was no denying that over the last month of being here filming I've developed feelings for Drew. How could I not though, he's become one of my best friends, he's funny, kind, caring and intentional with me.