31

Drewseph

Are you up?

I am, why are you? It's 3 am

I just have a lot on my mind and it's keeping me up

Want me to come over? We can talk about it?

I don't wanna keep you up, we have work in the morning

To late at your door let me

Sighing I stand up out of bed and putting my glasses on as I walk to the door. "Hi." I whisper.

Drew says nothing and steps forward wrapping his arms around me and kissing my head. "You wanna talk about it?" He asks pulling away.

"Can we just go lay down for a minute?" I ask.

He nods taking my hand and walking down the hallway towards my room. Climbing into bed Drew wraps his arms around me pulling me close.

We lay in silence for a minute just soaking in his company. "Its almost here." I murmured.

"I know. I had a feeling that was what this was about." Drew sighs.

"It'll be four years this weekend and it hasn't gotten any easier." I close my eyes as tears start to well in them. "I thought it would get easier." A tear slips down my cheek.

"I hate seeing you like this." Drew mumbles. "If I could I'd take all your pain away."

I squeeze my eyes tighter and pull myself closer to him. "It's just so hard Drew. I-I try to be strong but it's just so hard, every damn day I wake up, put on a smile and go out into the world acting like the accident that happened 4 years ago has no toll on me. But it does, every day."

"Hey." Drew says sitting up and pulling me up with him so that I'm looking at him. He brings his hands up to my cheeks and wipes the tears softly.  "I'm proud of you and the women you are becoming. And I know things are tough right now and it can be hard to act with confidence and hope. But just know that you were strong enough to carry on this far and I am so proud of you for doing that." He whispers running his thumb across my cheek.

I let out a sob as I wrap my arms around his neck. Drew sits there holding me and rocking back and forth whispering different things in my ear.

"Drew." I sniffle pulling away sniffling. "Thank you."

He smiles leaning forward and kissing my head. "I'm always going to be here for you Len." He pauses as if debating his next words. "Because I love you."

My heart begins beating out of my chest at his words. And though my cheeks might be tear stained I can't help the smile that crosses my lips. "I love you too, Drew." I say leaning forward and kissing him again.

* ItsLennox posted a story*