mary jane *

A/N: hey guys lol it's been awhile but i had an idea that I wanted to try. idk if this is even allowed on wattpad but we'll see lol. i don't encourage the illegal use of marijuana by minors *ahem* for legal reasons but ANYWAYS I got the idea because I saw in one of Shawn's interviews that he likes to smoke weed and play guitar lol

Summary: You and Shawn try smoking together for the first time. Fluff & smut. I'm so sorry dad

I knew Shawn was stressed. I just knew it.

Long days in the studio working on his new album, along with drama in the press and his new merch dropping in a few days—all factors to why he had been so grumpy lately. He had been coming home late every night, immediately changing into sweats and a hoodie without a word and essentially laying on top of me like a dead weight. He said cuddles were the only thing to make him feel better, but I was determined to cheer him up in any way I knew how.

Shawn and I had been dating for a couple months now, and I realized that we had never gotten high together. I remember the days when I used to do it all the time in high school, but now in my young adult life, my use had slowed down significantly.

Me and Shawn had talked about wanting to get high together for awhile, since he liked to do it now and then and I told him stories of my high school stoner days, which he found hilarious apparently. Something about me fashioning a pipe out of tin foil really got him.

So I thought, what better way to chill him out, maybe get the creative juices flowing?

And before I knew it, I was sitting on our bed in our shared condo late at night, waiting for Shawn to come home so we could smoke the two joints I had rolled sitting in my pocket. I figured why not make both of us one—I was trying to get really cooked.

"Baby!" I suddenly hear Shawn call through the condo from the front door, and I giggle at his abrupt greeting.

"In here!" I call back, putting my phone down and grinning deviously to myself.

It isn't long before Shawn enters the room, looking exhausted. However a soft grin adorns his sleepy face at the sight of me sitting cross legged on the bed.

"Hey bub," I smile, making grabby hands at him.

Shawn smiles even larger before plopping down on the bed, wasting no time in grabbing me by the waist and pulling me on top of him. I giggle as he litters my face with kisses, his hands moving to my ass and giving it a firm squeeze as I straddle him.

"Mm, missed you baby," Shawn murmurs with his sleepy grin, me smiling and leaning forwards to place a tender kiss on his lips.

"Missed you too," I reply against his lips, before kissing him again, more deeply this time, "Got a surprise for you."

"Oh really," Shawn smirks, his large hands kneading my ass, almost as if it was an instinct.

"Not that kind of surprise," I giggle, running my fingers through his brown curls, playing with them absentmindedly. "We don't have to if you don't feel like it or if you're really tired, but I had an idea."

"You're not doing a very good job at convincing me that this isn't sex," Shawn says in that low and gravely voice, most likely tired from singing all day.

"Okay, well maybe that's apart of my idea," I stroke his cheek with my thumb, "But that's not it."

"I'm listening," Shawn smirks.

I chuckle to myself and pull the carefully wrapped joints out of my pocket, biting my bottom lip and looking at Shawn nervously. Shawn's mouth falls slightly open in surprise, his smile even wider than before.