CHAPTER- THREE

Staring at the high shelf  that I've made up my mind to clean, I grab a minny ladder from the left corner of the livingroom. Being tall can come in handy but the shelf is still too high for me, stretching my hand to far corner of the shelf to reach a book that's sitting by its self, I didn't stop reaching till I retrieve it, taking the duster out my back pocket I dust the book.

A small picture of  Wes  is  on the back, his smile looks so heartwarming, I guess this photo of  him is old because he doesn't have his beard. Turning the book over I dust the front, the picture that's at the back now covers the front, you could see his smile much clear.

Getting down from off the ladder with the book in my hand, I then sit on the couch.
Turning the pages over and over my eyes got watery, the only thing I could pick out are the words 'Are and You'.

All I could do was watch the others go to school from the attic widow, I would run up the attic to see them go off in the mornings and then prepare to watch the bus come back in the evenings. Nobody knows a kid lives at the house, when I ask her for a book she would say "You don't need a book to be a whore"

Now look at me, All I can read and write is my own name. The words I can make out now is all thanks to Pete, but then I just gave up, I was a nine teen-year-old asking a man who is in the same position as me to help me out. I'm greatful for his help because I know two words other than my name.

Wes's Pov

Taking up my coat and briefcase off the backseat, I open the front door. Turning the pages to my book with teary eyes Kehzeeli looked confused, she's too caught up in her own emotions to notice I'm watching her. After drying her tears she close the book and toss it across the room in anger.

"You know it took me a year to write that book"

She gasps "I-I'm sorry" she took up the book and place it on the couch

"It's okay" pulling her in to me I kiss her on the forehead "I got a lot of copies"

Being attached to someone you only know for a couple months seems pathetic. Kehzeeli is a very intriguing person, the way she stutter when she's nervous or the way her body  reacts to my touch yet she understands very little of the sexual pleasure I want to put her through.

I look in her stil watery eyes, her sclera is as white a blank sheet of fresh paper but her iris are the only dark I'll always love to look into, no need for light because they are so perfect.

"Why were you crying?"

She looks hesitant "It was just so touching" walking over to the book shelf she packed some few remaining ones "Your dinner is already done, I'll be in my room"

"You can take the book with you" she took up the book and head for the stairs, I wanted to talk more with her but she seem troubled this evening.

Relaxing in the chair I sigh in frustration to the amount of work I have to do, starting my own marketing company wasnt easy, I build it  from  consisted hard work and in the end it pays off. Being successful now don't mean I should justs kick back, it means I still have to put in the work. Rubbing my beard with my free hand as I  scroll on my laptop my mind dung deep into why I want to help Kehzeeli.

That night when I saw her she sparks my intrest, Simon rarely disobeys so that night when he had me up and down a street because he was scratching some damn door, I just trusted him.

Her being around feels different, I've had my share of women passing through but for some odd reason I want her to stay. Her innocence of not knowing makes me want to teach her everything. I want to make her the perfect woman for myself. Uncle Roy told me if  I want a good woman nowadays I  gotta groom her to be all mine.

A faint knock came from the otherside of my room door, Simon immediately jumps off the bed to sit  infront of the door with his tale wagging.

"Come in, it's open"

With my book squeeze to her chest she stood at the door in a leggings that end at her thighs and one of my old tshirts, her  huge afro frames her face as her eyes stare at me intensely.

"Are you busy?"

"No, come in"

She walks over to me slowly while Simon licks her calves "Can yo-u, Can you tea-ch me how to r-ead this" she place my book in my hands even though her hands were shaking.

Its so brave of her to ask me to help her, I didn't have the slightest clue she couldn't read.

"I can't teach you how to read it now" closing down the computer I gave  her my full attention "But I can read a couple chapters to you  untill you fall asleep"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah" patting my hand on my lap I told her  to sit.

I never thought I would be reading my book to someone, it was on of the best selling books two years ago, but now I fail to produce another masterpiece like it since  my business keeps me busy.

Sitting in my lap with her back relax onto my chest, her skin has this sweet smell of wild vanilla unlike her hair that smells of coconut.

"The Power Of Not Giving up, by Wesson Holland"

"Wesson"

I look in her eyes, it's  the  first  she's hearing my full name "That's my real name"

I am now reading chapter three to her, Kehzeeli's eyes seem droopy but she kept listening. Peeking up at her I notice her eyes are fully closed with her head nestling in the crook of  my neck. Closing the book I then place it on the desk and carry her over to  my bed.

She look at me through hooded eyes "I'll go to my room"

"No I want you in my arms tonight"

Not EDITED

Plz  tell  me  what  you  think of   this book