Chapter 19: Shatter

>Derek's POV<

Rosiana hasn't spoken to me. She hasn't spoken to me since Tuesday, her birthday. It's already the day of her party, Saturday.

I don't understand why she was ignoring me in the first place, I thought we were perfectly fine and happy. But I guess I thought wrong.

"What should I do?" Asked Nikola who made me get out of my head.

I looked down from the ladder I was on and looked at him.

"Since your hanging the balloons, what could I do? My moms making me help." he said.

I looked around the room to see what he could do. I looked at the table and saw it was empty.

"Hmm you can probably set the table, is that good enough for you to do?" I asked him.

He nodded. "But what if Rosiana gets mad if it isn't 'perfect'?"

He made quoation marks with his hands.

"You're her brother, she'll just have to deal with it. It's not like she'll get mad at you forever, because she will always love you, no matter what." I said and gulped.

Once he finished his statement Rosiana came through the backdoor with her cake from Baskin Robins, it was Oreo ice cream cake, her favorite.

"If what's not perfect?" She asked.

I looked around and took the cake out of her hands and put it in the refrigerator.

"If I don't set the table perfect." Nikola said.

Rosiana looked down at him with her blue eyes glowing.

"Niko, it's a table, it won't be perfect. So just do whatever you want." She said and smiled.

"Ok, but if I ruin something, that's all on you." He said back.

"Haha, ok." She said.

He went outside the living room and went to get things to set up the table. It was about five minutes until I started to talk to Rosiana.

"So... Who are you inviting?"

"I already told you before." She rolled her eyes.

"Well, I forgot."

She stopped setting up her "DJ Booth" and looked straight at me, fury in her eyes.

"I'm inviting Thomas, Violet, Dominique, Caroline, Ethan, Maja, Katarina, Iva, Natalie, and Natalie's friends."

The three last words surprised me.

"Um just a quick question, why is Natalie and her friends coming, I thought you said you didn't like them; and why isn't Korenda coming, I thought she was your friend."

She glared at me, I just pushed her limit.

"Well maybe Natalie and her friends are probably nicer to me than some people, and actually don't do things that are horrible behind my back. Maybe they turned out to be my new best friends who appreciate me being by their side. And Korenda turned out to be a bitch to me anyways."

She kept looked at me, she completely shut me up, but she kept talking, but she was whhispering to me instead of shouting.

"You know, you should always expect the unexpected, because you will be surprised in how people turn out to be. One day they were your best friend and the next day they leave you all alone in your mind thinking, "What did I do wrong?" when really you should know what you did or why, but you don't. One day you hated someone you wanted to burn them alive and watch the fire glisten in the air, but the next day you realize how much they mean to you, and how much you really need them."

I freezed and thought about everything she just told me. She thinks I'm probably hiding something. But she's telling me how much she actually likes Natalie and her friends now, and how she hates Korenda.

"Okay then." I went down from the ladder and then she went back to working, but I gave her a little surprise.

I gave her a kiss, until she ended it.

"Stop. They'll be here any second, but, thank you anyways. I needed it." she said.

"Whatever you say, my princess."

She smiled.

Then we heard a "CRACK!" hit the ground, it came from the kitchen.

Rosiana and I raced into the kitchen and saw about 10 glass plates shattered all over the floor. It was a mess.

"NIKOLA!!! WHAT HAPPENED?!? PITČKU MATERINU!!!" Rosiana yelled at him.

"What did you say?" I asked her.

"I said the f word in Croatian."

"Oh, ok." I said and smiled.

"Um, sorry to interrupt, but we have to clean this and I'm not in trouble." Peeped in Nikola.

"How come you aren't in trouble?" Asked Rosi.

"Well because I told you from the beginning that if I do something bad, I don't get in trouble."

Rosiana rolled her eyes.

"Ugh fine but you're at least helping us clean up, stupid."

"Ugh fineee I willll." He said too many "L"s.

"I'll help!" I said.

"Ok let's hurry." said Rosi.

DING!!!

.