Part 26

"Charles, pick that Hero up off the floor. It's dirty."

Charles came around and grasped the side of Wild's chair, hauling him back up. Wild's left check was burning red, the indentations of Charles knuckles still printed on his skin.

Kohga. Twilight has heard of this man.

He used to be a Captain in the Hyrulian army. Him and his platoon were on the front line during Zant's invasion and did a fantastic job holding their forces off. However according to Warriors, when Kohga was given a direct command to retreat, he rebelled and continued pushing. This resulted his entire platoon getting slaughtered. Kohga was court-martial, dishonorably discharged, and disappeared soon after.

Kohga was dressed in a red suit with a black satin tie. The symbol of the Yiga was embroidered on his tie and on the handkerchief that stuck out from his breast pocket. He wore black satin gloves, which he adjusted needlessly. He looked like a Bond villain.

"It's an honor to meet the two of you finally," Kohga said. He grasped a chair and dragged it close to them. He sat down. "I've never met a Hero before, let alone two on a single night. And not just any Hero... the one who 'died' protecting Flora Rhoam... and the great and incredible Twilight. The Hero who defeated Zant."

Suddenly without prompt, Kohga struck out, slamming his leg right into Twilight's broken arm.

Twilight didn't hear himself scream. His eyesight went black but he didn't fall unconscious. He was still aware of the searing hot agony of his ruined arm, still aware of how the zipties dug into his flesh, the smell of dust in this filthy room. He choked, his screaming pulling on his bruised ribs. Through the grief of it all he could feel bile rising up. He clamped his mouth down, fighting hard not to be sick.

As his sight slowly returned, the first thing he noticed was not Kohga, but Charles. He stood in the corner, his skin pale, his face stricken. The man looked horrified. What did he expect? For the Yiga to treat Heroes like welcomed guests? Surely he knew this would happen. Surely he knew he would have to watch someone die. Twilight swallowed down the sickness in his mouth. He maintained eye contact until Kohga pulled his attention away.

"I can't believe I was out-shined by this young punk," Kohga said with his lip curling in disgust. "The only reason they told me to retreat was because of you. Oh, a Hero is here now. He'll save everyone! And did you know what I did? I asked why. I was an experienced soldier. I've had dozens of successful missions, completed hundreds of hours of military intelligence, and was even invited to the castle by the King himself! Why should I back off and let some teenager take lead? All because you were born special."

He kicked him again.

"Stop!" Wild yelled as Twilight shook in his chair. "Leave him alone, you bastard!"

Kohga turned to him. He smiled.

"Oh wow... look at you... it's been a while since I last seen you, boy. Those are some impressive burn marks. Do they hurt?"

He leaned in close, one arm stretching out, his hand moving up towards Wild's face.

Wild flinched away.

Kohga paused, then slapped his hand against the scars, grabbing and pulling at them like he was an overzealous grandmother. Wild tried to bite at his hand but he pulled his arm back just in time. He chuckled.

"I want you to know..." He said. "I never actually ordered my men to kill you. I only wanted the girl. I told them to do whatever was necessary... and I guess they got overzealous. For that I do apologize. I've no interest in killing kids."