Prolouge

Summer of 1899
(after the strike)

Winnie Foster finally turned 17 a month. Her life isn't very different from what it was 6 years ago. There is one main difference.

"Winnifred, please come down here" her mother yelled from down the stairs. "Yes mother" she called as she always had. Winnie grabbed the little bottle of water she kept with her. Why did she keep this bottle? Well to remind her of the loveliest story she made up when she was 11. She had convinced herself she met an immortal family. Obviously she hadn't but she kept the bottle of spring water as a keepsake. As Winnie ran down the stairs she sees Hugo and Constable Joe.
"Well hello there Hugo and Constable Joe! What brings you here?"
The Constable explained that Hugo wanted her hand in marriage. She looked at Hugo and she could see it on his face. He didn't want it, his dad did. It was arraigned by the parents.
"Oh goodness! Mother may I speak to you alone?"
"Oh well, i suppose you could. Here or somewhere else?" Her mother said in a tone of voice familiar to Winnie. The fake voice. Winnie took her mother to the room next door.
"May i go to New york to see David? and Sarah? And Auntie Esther? I want some time to think this over" Winnie asked hoping she would say yes.
"Well i suppose that's all right. Pack your bags you can go now."
"Thank you mother"
And that's how Winnie Foster found her self in manhattan.