Chapter 4

3rd POV

They finally make it to David's house. It was an awkward walk. Davids mom opens the door, a bit suprised, " What are you guys doing back so early? it's not even 9am yet!"
"Well it's a long story mom," david says "How about some tea?"
"oh well i guess i can make tea. Make yourselves comfortable" She was always a sweet woman, especially when jack and crutchie came over for dinner. They all situate themselves at the kitchen table. A uncomfortable silence falls apon them, until jack speaks up. "So how do you guys know each others?
"Well we were friends when we were younger. Met him when I was eleven"
"How old was he?" David questioned
"Oh well," Winnie wasn't sure how to answer. "How old are you now Jesse?"
"I'm seventeen Winnie"
"Oh well then he was also eleven"
Jack had a confused look on his face.
"What wrong Jack?" David asked.
"She laughed at his crutch. remember?"
"Oh dear me no, i didn't laugh at his crutch, just how he got it! When i first met jesse he was a rebellious spitfire who could climb a tree and never fall. So when i heard," she said knowing full well Jesse didn't hurt his leg "that he fell off of a tree i was a bit suprised. Laughing seemed appropriate"
At that moment David mother walked in with tea.
"Thank you aunt E"
"Yes thanks mom"
"It's no problem dears."
They sat and laughed and drank tea for a bit when sarah walked into the kitchen.
"Hey winnie i wanted to give you your music box right now. Les was running around and almost broke it."
"Oh! thank you sarah!" Winnie said getting up, grabbing it, and sitting back down.
"A music box?" Jack said.
"oh goodness the music box" Jesse mumbled.
"My music box yes, it was a gift from.. she said trailing off looking at jesse "Jesses mom"
"His mom? Really?" David exclaimed.
"She would be so happy to see you still have it." Jesse told winnie.