Why

Deku pov

I open my eyes to bright sunlight shining through the window. White clouds scatter the blue, sunny sky. I squint, the light hurting my eyes. 

I feel something in my hand and weakly turn my head. I see Kacchan's hand in mine, him sleeping peacefully. I sit up, rubbing my head.

Hold on...Kacchan? 

My eyes widen as I begin to feel my legs shake. My breath hitches as my lungs try to take in air. I guess Kacchan sensed this, because all of a sudden his eyes snap open. My hand shakes violently in his, thoughts swarming in my head. 

"Hey, it's okay. You're safe. I'm here.", Kacchan says calmly. He takes a firm, but gentle grasp on my hand, his warmth calming me down. "Shhhh...", he coos. He pulls me into his embrace, making me feel safe.

When he pulls away, I see him with a small, relieved smile on his face. But I'm still confused. "Thank god you're awake.", he whispers.

Before I can ask any questions, I see a doctor walk calmly into the room. "Hello! It's good to see that you are awake! I'm Erin, your doctor for while you'll be staying here. If there is anything you need, the nurses and I will help.", the doctor says while extending her hand. I shake her hand gently, her face showing a comforting look.

(A/N I had a nurse during my time in the hospital named Erin, so I just wanted to say that I'm really thankful for her help. She was a big help in my recovery and always made sure to check up on me and make me feel better. So, thank you! Also, shoutout to Good Samaritan Hospital, the hospital that I stayed at.)

I nod my head and set my hands down in my lap. Kacchan smiles at her, waving goodbye as she exits the room. 

I sigh, still having a question stuck in my mind. 

"Why am I here?", I question. "I was about to ask the same thing.", Kacchan says, as if it pains him to even think about it.

I wince as I turn to look out the window, forgetting about the cuts. That's when it all came rushing back.

All of a sudden, my arms feel very itchy. I hyperventilate, my heart monitor speeding up very quickly. My nails race for my bandaged wrists in an attempt to scratch at them, but Kacchan grabs my hands and brings them to his face. 

I blink in surprise. I look at Kacchan's face, his expression filled with pain and his eyes filled with tears. 

"Did you...really jump?", he says, barely holding back tears. I let out a choked sob, covering my mouth with one hand. My body shakes as I turn away from Kacchan, unable to face him. I try to hold back my sobs, but end up being unable to contain it.

I let out everything. My pain, my fear, my disgust, every emotion that I was feeling in the moment. I sob into my hand, Kacchan still holding the other one on his face. He squeezes it slightly as I begin to feel tears drop onto my palms. 

Silent tremors shake Kacchans body as he cries into my hand. "Deku...Why?", he whispers. I shake my head as the memories flood into my head, overwhelming me. 

"I can't. I can't. I can't, I can't, I CAN'T!", I say, pounding my fist into my head, trying to rid my head of the memories. "Deku, please! You don't have to tell me yet, just please don't hurt yourself!", Kacchan says. "He hurt me. It hurts. Make it stop, MAKE IT STOP! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!".

I see Kacchan in a panic, trying to get me from hurting myself. Then, out of the blue, he kisses me. I slowly melt into the kiss, not realizing how much I craved it. He pulls away after a second, bringing me into a hug. 

"Kacchan..." "I'm here, baby. It's okay. No one is going to hurt you anymore."

I sob into his arms, not caring about the burning sensation in my wrists. He kisses my head, stroking his fingers through my hair. 

Suddenly, I spot Hitoshi in the doorway. His eyes widen as he waves someone over. Dad, Eri and Papa rush over to the room, tears of relief in their eyes. They walk over to us, just as Kacchan and I separate. 

Kacchan wipes the tears from my eyes and cheeks, smiling softly at me. Hitoshi rushes over to me, crying and blubbering words that I can't exactly understand. Papa and Dad hold my hands as Eri crawls into bed and hugs my torso, small tears escaping her eyes. 

A few minutes later, Erin came back in with medication for my IV and a nurse to reapply my bandages. "We've put you on dilaudid, due to the serious head injury you've obtained.", the nurse says while holding up a small needle. 

She inserts it into the IV, making me feel a bit dizzy. 

(A/N I was put on dilaudid and it made me feel so dizzy like wtf but then it got better and I was fine so thats nice.)

"Thank you.", I mumble gratefully. She nods and smiles warmly before exiting the room with the doctor.

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that I am starting school tomorrow, so this might be the only chapter for the rest of the week, depending on how much work and how stressed I am. Right now, I am at maximum stress and depression cause I'm messed up in allll sorts of ways ;~;. I have multiple essays due that I wasn't informed about until a week ago, plus I haven't even finished both books that I have to write essays on. So, all in all, I feel like I'm dying. I am a good student, but I don't want to make a bad impression on the first day. I will be attending a new school this year, so I don't want their first impression of me to be something like, "She doesn't do her work. I guess she's a bad student.", BECAUSE THAT IS MY WORST NIGHTMARE. Besides plenty of other stupid things, but whatever. I get mostly A's, and if this summer work brings down my grade immediately, well... Let's not go into details. My parents keep track of my grades too... Sorry for ranting, but I'm kind of stressed out of my mind. Well, I hope y'all are doing well! Please remember to take care of yourselves and make sure that you are eating enough food and drinking enough water! Love y'all sm!