Dadakin

•Headcanons about Anakin being a dad.

---

• He was with you the entire time you gave birth. He was there squeezing your hand and shouting out encouraging words to help you make your process more bearable.

• He cried the happiest tears when he got to hold Luke & Leia :')

• Promised he would protect them with his life.

• "I promise you both, nothing will ever come to harm you."

• Little did he know, he would be the one wishing to pull a lightsaber out on them in several days to come.

• You would be laying in bed peacefully when suddenly the twins would burst into tears, squealing and crying. You would lie there arguing about who's turn it was to get out of bed and change their diapers, though eventually Anakin would just give up and change them with a grumpy attitude.

• "No, it's your turn to change the twins! I did it all last week!" He would whisper-shout, afraid of making the twins angrier than they already were.

• "But I did it for the past month while you were on your Jedi retreat!" You would retort."Well–I did it last night."

• "Anakin."

• "Fine! I'll go do it. "

• He knew kids would be hard to take care of, but he did not sign up for changing stinky diapers.

• Eventually, he got tired of it and programmed R2-D2 and taught C-3PO how to do it.

• As time went on, he was happy they grew older and more independent, however, he was not prepared for walls smeared with poop and dainty little handprints covered with pink paint splattered all over the walls.

• "Luke! Leia!" He called the twins, putting his hands on his hips as he stared at the wall covered in colorful, small handprints. You were out that week, so it was his turn to be the responsible parent.

• Immediately, the twins came rushing to their father, looking up at him with their innocent eyes and cheeky smiles–giggles galore. "Yes dadda?" Leia responds, batting her eyelashes innocently.

• Anakin frowns, looking at the twins who seemed to forget to get rid of their evidence: their hands were covered in blue and pink and red (all of the colors really) paint, standing innocently as if they hadn't done a harm in the world. "Did you guys do this?" He points to the smeared masterpiece on the wall.

• Quickly, the twins exchange looks and hide their hands behind their backs. "No."

• Anakin smirks and crosses his arms. "Well, in that case, I'm going to have to do a little research on who painted this masterpiece. It's truly a..." He examines it more, trying to make out an overall image of it, except a blur of handprints and long blotted stripes. "Masterpiece."

• The twins gasped and put their hands on their face, totally in shock that their dad had called their work a 'masterpiece'. "Daddy!" Luke shouted, jumping up and down. "We did it!! We did the masterpiece!"

• Anakin stooped down, sitting down on his knees so he could be in front of them, but instead was attacked by the twins in a hug, their paint ridden hands got all over Anakin's face and armor, surely to not be removed for weeks. "Oh! I'm so proud of you, " he would chuckle, before remembering he was supposed to actually be mad at the situation instead of goofing off with them. He sighed and pulled them away from the hug, giving them a stern look. "I know your art looks amazing, but promise me, you cannot go painting on these walls, okay?"