23

"Right.. Mr. Phunsawat, why are you suddenly here to ask what lessons my class is currently learning? As far as I am concerned you are a third year, and my class are for first years.." Professor Dim asked the student from curiosity as he watched him scanning through every page of the first years' recent lessons.

Gun didn't know what to asnwer to be honest. Will he just spit out the truth? What difference did it make anyway, he skipped and was two years ahead, so technically speaking-- he should've also been the same year with Off.

"Some junior of mine is sick, and needs help catching up." Gun looked at the man and grinned a bit, to not seem disrespectful if he kept his straight face.

"Really? Who?" The teacher couldn't help but get curious even more. He knew he had someone in his class who hasn't been attending for quite a while now, he just couldn't spit out who. What was his name again?--

"Jumpol Adulkittiporn. Or Off in short." Gun answered, putting the papers on his backpack.

"Oh! Mr. Adulkittiporn!" Dim exclaimed as he fixed his glasses slipping on his nose-bridge.

"Mmm. If you don't mind me asking, how is he in class usually?" Gun deepened the conversation, his turn now to get curious. He leaned forward on the teacher's table as he waited for an answer on the person at the other end.

The kind professor rested his index finger in his chin as he hummed, thinking. "Well he's actually a great kid with regards to academics honestly. I also often see him on the cafeteria with a book on his hand, or just beside him."

Gun raised his brows and nodded with the latter's answers. So Off is the studious type huh? How come Gun never saw him with a book with him? How come this is the only time he knew Off was this type?

'Did you ever really made efforts to know more about Off?' his subconscious intervened, making him swallow the sudden lump on his throat.

Now that he thought of it, has he ever really made efforts?

"Anyway, I'm guessing he's a fan of novels, too." Dim added.

"Really? How so?"

"I sometimes see him with those type of books." he replied as he himself started packing up.

"I see. Thank you."

"No problem. Tell him to get better quickly and come back. Oh he has a lot to catch up alright."

"Yeah." Gun mumbled before they went out of the classroom and separated ways.

• • •

"I'm back." Gun said in a calm voice as he entered the hospital room. It was just 5:30 PM. He thought if Off could already be discharged or they would wait for a few hours more.

He actually expected Off to exclaim loudly and happily, but he didn't. Oh well, Gun just merely thought that Off would be as happy as he was earlier when he knew Gun would come back. Or perhaps Gun thought of Off as a puppy waiting for its owner, but then, that'd just be absurd. Off can't be a puppy, no matter how cute it'd be. Just no.

"Off?" Gun finally met the latter who was now sitting up on his bed, rubbing his eyes as he pouted.

"Gun? Hey you're back." the taller forced his face muscles and smiled as he adjusted to the light inside the room. It seems like he had just woken up from a nap.

And perhaps, the worst nap he had ever had in his whole 19 years of being alive in this planet. Something bad happened.

"How are you? Did the nurses checked up on you yet?" Gun asked, pulling the chair on the table at the foot of the bed and placing it beside Off's as he sat down and waited for an answer.