28

Piece of shit. Fucking piece of shit..!

Contrary to his continuous cursing at his mind, he didn't seem to be worked up if you take a look at him. Gun was nonchalantly walking on the mansion's hallways away from Off.

Fucking piece of crap. Stupid son of a bitch. Ugly faced asshole. Dog faced shit.

Gun doesn't even know why he was cursing, but it was for a certainty that he wasn't cursing on Off. No, he could never! But the cursing was only released and said in his mind, keeping his lips tightly sealed. He felt slightly better.

Gun kept his face straightened and poker as possible, and he was successful in making it seem like that was it.

But he was lucky he was far from Off for the boy to not see his awfully trembling legs. Gun's legs were trembling from annoyance that seemed to rush over his body that very moment Off answered the question he gave.

"And Jane will take care of you. I can't afford her being busier as she is now."

Gun gritted his teeth, making his jaw clench involuntarily from the scene that resurfaced in his mind.

"Fine! Worry about her all you want! It's not like I-"

Not like what?

"Not like I.."

Go on, continue. Finish what you were going to say.

"Not like you cared about me anyway?" Gun heard another voice apart from him right behind him, eventually making him turn around immediately in reflex. Unfortunately, it seemed like the world was making things not go his way at this very day. He tripped on his own feet as he turned behind him.

Don't fall! Gun closed his eyes instead, praying that his feet will miraculously help him stand again from the unbearably unbalanced position he is at now.

'You won't fall. I'll willingly catch you.'

...

Gun must've been really out of it. He must've officially lost his marbles. He heard Off's voice saying those two sentences at him, as if he had read his mind. He quickly opened his eyes, not giving a single damn anymore if he'd just painfully fall. He just needed to see the words come out from Off's lips.

How ironic. The person who wanted Off to unlove him, is desperately holding onto everything he miserably finds to reach. The person who wanted Off to give up, is also pathetically finding a reason not to give up himself.

Gun's thoughts were right. They were in all aspects correct. But Gun decided to pretend he hadn't heard or thought of such things the moment he felt a warm hand catching his wrist, and an arm delightfully wrapping itself on his waist.

But to Gun's satisfied feeling in his stomach, Off was feeling quite the contrary. "You didn't care about m-me since the start, did you?"

Stupid! Fuck! Why did you say that?! Off's mind was battling with the impulse decision he made when he looked at a fazed Gun that looked up at him.

Gun had always been this beautiful. Off, ever since he laid his eyes on the former, had acknowledged that fact, but this time, it was different. Off was holding Gun. Off was holding on to Gun. Maybe that's why this was different. Off was doing all his best to find a reason to hold on to Gun, but perhaps it was Gun himself that was enough for him to not give up.

The way Off said those words broke Gun's satisfaction feeling. Finally, they felt mutual. They both felt worse than they did in the short period of time that they didn't see each other.