Partners In Battle

Elio and Selene stood on one side of a battlefield where they faced down their opponents.

Elio and his friend were taking on a Double Battle Tournament in Selene's hometown inside the Battle Dome.

The stands of the indoor stadium were packed with people who roared with excitement. "It's finally time to finish up today's tournament folks! It's been packed with plenty of intense battles and now we've made it to the end!" An announcer shouted.

Elio looked over at his friend and tried catching her eye. The tournament so far had been way too easy for the duo, and he was planning on spicing things up.

Ever since Selene and Elio had defeated Guzma three years ago the two friends had spent many days together whenever they could.

These tournaments showed off their synergy at its finest and gave the two something fun to do together.

Selene didn't notice him and kept her eyes on the battlefield. Elio rolled his eyes and turned to their opponents.

Elio didn't see what was so good about the two trainers, they looked about as standard as Pokémon Trainers could.

"Now battlers, send out your Pokémon!" The announcer brought Elio's focus back to the match and he grabbed one of the Poké Balls off of his belt.

Selene threw one of the spheres into the air and it burst open, unleashing her Incineroar onto the field. The Pokémon flexed its muscles and threw its red arms into the air.

Selene's Incineroar absolutely loved being around a crowd and it showed that by swinging its arms around to warm up.

Their opponents had also sent out their Pokémon. A Toucannon and a Passimian appeared on the other side of the battle arena.

The toucan Pokémon brandished it's massive beak while Passimian tossed around a fruit in his hands.

Elio was the last one to send out his Pokémon by choice. Elio's Crabrawler appeared next to Incineroar and he couldn't help but smirk when the two opposing trainers' expressions changed to shock.

Selene's jaw dropped and she turned to face him. "What are you doing?" She nearly shrieked. "I thought we agreed to use Primarina and Incineroar for the final match?"

"We did, but I figured these guys would be ready since we've used them for the last three matches." Elio pointed out. "Plus I wanted to mix things up!"

Selene grit her teeth. "Crabrawler is your least experienced Pokemon by far! Are you crazy? These are the finals!"

Elio hadn't anticipated such an angry reaction from Selene and shrugged. "Oh well I guess! We've got a battle to do!"

Selene huffed out a breath and tried to compose herself. "Fine. But this is not over. Incineroar use Flamethrower!"

Selene's Incineroar fired a spray of flames from its fiery belt across the ring. "Dodge it and use Rock Blast!" Toucannon's trainer shouted.

"Passimian you dodge too and use Iron Head!" Toucannon got into the air and flew over Incineroar's fire while Passimian ran through it headfirst.

Toucannon slammed its beak onto the ground and sent a number of rocks into the air. It smacked them one by one at Crabrawler with its wings.

"Crabrawler use Power-Up Punch and shatter those rocks, then run in and use Ice Punch!" Elio grinned confidently as Crabrawler shattered the stones coming its way with its large fists.