The Bringer of Light

Necrozma fired several lasers from its head that made their way towards the group. "Use Spirit Shackle and destroy them!" Ralph commanded.

Decidueye quickly fired arrows into each of the incoming attacks and stopped them one by one. Elio knew both his Pokémon were frail but they could pack a punch if Necrozma came close.

"Nihilego use Thunderbolt!" Selene yelled. Electricity jolted across the space and hit Necrozma. The attack seemed to do enough damage to make Necrozma start to approach the group.

Elio looked at Talonflame. "Fly behind that rock and prepare to use Flame Charge when I give the word," Elio instructed. The bird flew through the space and made its way behind one of the floating stones.

Necrozma started to glow as it approached and Elio recognized the incoming Sunsteel Strike. He looked at Selene but she was already on top of it. "Nihilego dissipate it with Psychic and then Mimikyu jump up and use Shadow Claw!"

Once that Shadow Claw lands it'll be the perfect opportunity to strike! Elio thought to himself. Nihilego pushed a wave of invisible energy at Necrozma and it started to slow down.

Nihilego groaned a bit and Necrozma stopped glowing. Mimikyu leaped up at the same moment this happened and jammed its claw into Necrozma's underbelly.

Necrozma cried out as the super effective move made contact. "Furfrou use Take Down!" Zossie's Pokémon jumped off the ground and flew into Necrozma. The move wasn't very effective but any damage was appreciated.

"Now, Talonflame!" Elio called. Talonflame emerged from its hiding spot, engulfed in flames. He flew down and hit Necrozma right on the back.

Necrozma flailed its arms to try and hit Talonflame but he was already fast enough to dodge them. "Leaf Blade!" Decidueye flew in from behind and raked its blade across Necrozma's arms while it was preoccupied.

Necrozma roared and started focusing its attention on Ralph's Pokémon. "Oh no you don't!" Selene yelled. "Nihilego use your Power Gem!"

Spinning stones appeared around Nihilego and they all flew into Necrozma's side. It roared again and began looking around frantically, overwhelmed by all the targets.

It began to charge another move but Zossie cut in before it could fire the attack. "Use Sucker Punch, Furfrou!"

Zossie's dog Pokémon appeared next to Necrozma out of nowhere and punched its paw into Necrozma's face, disrupting the attack.

Necrozma began to breathe rapidly and seemed to be furious. It fired several Power Gems at Talonflame and then started to pursue it with Sunsteel Strike.

"Dodge it! Hurry!" Elio commanded. Talonflame swerved around the stones but Necrozma was too fast and rammed into it from behind.

Necrozma came to a stop and faced Decidueye. In the blink of an eye, it had raced through the empty space and slammed into Decidueye with another Sunsteel Strike. Decidueye was sent flying into the rock they stood on.

"Decidueye!" Ralph cried. He ran along the large boulder and knelt by the Pokémon's side.

"Mimikyu, Shadow Claw again!" Selene shouted. Elio focused back on the battle where Mimikyu scored another direct hit.

Necrozma was about to counterattack when Furfrou appeared again. "Sucker Punch!" Zossie ordered. Furfrou landed the blow but this time Necrozma countered by grabbing Furfrou in one of its arms and hurling it into a faraway rock.

"FURFROU!" Zossie screamed. Phyco put his hand on her shoulder reassuringly.

"Furfrou will be fine. But I'm not so sure about us." He turned his attention to Necrozma and Elio did the same.