A False Hope

Selene stepped in front of Zossie and watched Necrozma descend from the sky and land in front of them. Necrozma let out a low growl but Selene forced herself to stand tall.

"Necrozma! I don't want to fight you! I want to talk to you!" Selene shouted at it. Necrozma bent its front legs and seemed ready to strike. "Please! Listen to me!" She pleaded. "I know what you went through was awful and I only want to help!"

Zossie tugged on Selene's shirt. "Selene, I don't think he's gonna listen."

Necrozma's eyes fell on Zossie and it stood up on its hind legs. It raised its paw and swung it at the girls. Selene shielded Zossie with her body but watched the claw near her out of the corner of her eye.

The claw suddenly came to a stop and Necrozma began to writhe about. Selene and Zossie backed away as it seemed like the beast was struggling with some invisible force. Nebby! He must be fighting its control!

"Please, Necrozma!" Selene called again. "You've been hurt! You've been locked away! You've found happiness and had it taken from you! I know about this so let me help you through it all! I want to help!"

Necrozma roared into the sky and slammed its paws on the ground. Selene began backing away as Necrozma continued to thrash.

Nebby's body began to spark fire a familiar fire and Selene realized what Necrozma was about to do. She grabbed Zossie and threw both of them to the side just as Necrozma charged right ahead.

The Sunsteel Strike barely missed Selene and she felt the extreme heat of the move slightly burn her exposed legs.

Necrozma turned around and faced them again. Selene tried to haul herself up but she was too exhausted from everything that had happened this day. Selene was at her limit.

"Please... I don't want to fight." Selene begged. She stated the Pokémon in its emotionless eyes. Necrozma responded by preparing to attack again. "But I will if I must!"

Selene reached for a Poké Ball and threw it onto the field before Necrozma could plow her and Zossie over again.

Incineroar burst from the ball and caught Necrozma mid-charge. Selene's starter managed to stop the beast's attack and it tried striking Incineroar with a paw.

"Incineroar dodge it and use Darkest Lariat!" Selene shouted. Her mind was racing now, trying to find a way to win yet another battle.

The dust was in her eyes and her throat and there was no chance they would be able to run. But there had to be a way to win.

Zossie stood and walked in front of Selene. "Zossie, what are you doing?" Selene shrieked. She tried to stand again but failed.

"You protected me, so I'm gonna protect you!" Zossie said.

Selene gasped. "Don't you dare! I can't let you get hurt!" Incineroar was thrown away from Necrozma and crashed next to the two girls.

Zossie shook her head. "I've got this." Zossie sent out her Furfrou and ignored Selene's protests.

Necrozma eyed its new target and the multicolored triangle on its head began to glow. Multiple lasers fired into the air and began falling back down onto the dirt ground.

One of the lasers nearly obliterated Selene but her Incineroar deflected it. Another laser crashed into Furfrou and exploded.

The dirt cleared away to reveal Furfrou already defeated and Necrozma preparing to attack again. Zossie returned her Pokémon but before Selene could plead with her to run she was throwing a Beast Ball at Necrozma.