Chapter Thirty One

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened. I covered my mouth with my hands. Tears started rolling down my cheeks as I nod my head.

"Yes... Of course, I'll marry you!"

Zandro's smile became wider. He got up and put the ring on my finger. I pulled him closer, the bridge of our noses are already touching.

"Mahal kita, Zandro..."

"Mahal na mahal na mahal rin kita, Elyse Sapphire..."

He tilted his head and tenderly kissed me. The crowd cheered on. I look at me in the eye and smiled. I grinned back and looked at the crowd.

"Congratulations, love birds!"

People are congratulating us. We both said 'thank you' and we went back to the apartment happily.

Zandro is in front of his laptop booking our flight back to the Philippines while I'm preparing for our dinner. Muntik na ngang mapagod ang steak na niluluto ko dahil sa katitig ko sa singsing. I can't help myself! Ang ganda kasi! The center stone is a round vintage sapphire and surrounding it are raspberry-colored garnets.

I went to Zandro and hugged his back.

"Dinner's ready," I said. He held my hands and looked at me with his charming smile.

"I still can't believe that we're engaged," he said.

"Ako rin..."

We both giggled and went to the breakfast table. Zandro frowned when he looked at our burned steak.

"Sorry, I got distracted by the ring while cooking."

He chuckled and sat on the high chair. I sat in front of him and we started eating.

"By the way, when did you buy this ring?"

"Hindi ko naman talaga plano mag propose ngayon. Ang plano ko lang ay surpresahin ka sa isang picnic date but since you brought the marriage topic and said that you're ready to get married that's when I decided to propose to you. I bought the ring when I went out with Liah. She helped me pick the ring. Kaya nga hindi ako nakauwi sa gabing yun. We went to the bar because I was overthinking what would your reaction be if I propose? I was thinking you'd reject my proposal. Thank God you said yes!"

I chuckled. "I'm also glad I said yes, love..."

Nanlaki ang kanyang mga mata. Kumunot ang aking noo sa kanyang reaksyon.

"Bakit?"

"That was your first time calling me by my endearment to you!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! You always just call me by my name. Ulitin mo, please!"

I chuckled. "Bakit ba?"

"Baka yun na yung first at last! Irerecord ko!"