Chapter 2 - A New Comfort Zone

I was now making my way to look for Mom's office. She had messaged me that it was at the center of the building, marked with the school's logo and a placard that said "OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT" fixed on the wall.

I was busy searching for it when someone bumped into me. I looked at her and she was quite a mess!

"Hala, pasayloa ko. Sorry kay nagdali ko."

After saying that, she hurried off without even looking back. I couldn't help but wonder if I had made her freeze in her tracks because of my good looks.

Again, I heard those girls giggling and whispering to each other as I passed by. Some even stared, their mouths agape.

"Hala dzae, kagwapo oh. Transferee na?"

"Anak man guru na sa President nato, kadto nakita nako sa Facebook."

"Ayna, lamia niya oi."

Those were the the things they were saying that I couldn't quite understand, but based on their expressions, it seemed they found me to be the perfect guy.

I just shrugged and continued walking toward the center. I wanted to relax and spray some alcohol on my body after that girl bumped into me earlier.

I couldn't help shaking my head every time I recalled her face. She looked like a witch with her messy hair, as if she hadn't brushed it at all! Was she really a woman?!

So far, those girls who were giggling a while ago seemed okay to me, but I'm really into a perfect woman.

About the school? It's a large building with six floors, likely divided into different departments or a mix of various courses. The surroundings are as clean as a bone ---- really spotless --- and the floors are meticulously polished. Each classroom is well-ventilated, creating an overwhelming pleasant atmosphere. As usual, there were classes in session, and some students looked my way, even those who were focused on their reports. I also noticed their uniforms, they were very nice. I thought I could wear one next time. Additionally, I caught glimpses of some college professors and instructors who glanced at me as they passed.

Finally, I found Mom's office and a notice on the door stated, "Knock Before You Enter." Okay, this time, I'll be a good son, so I knocked.

The door opened and there was Mom, clearly expecting my arrival. She let me in, and I followed her. It felt awkward even though she's my mom, as if we didn't really know each other.

I took a seat and made myself comfortable on the couch.

"I'm actually outside my natural surroundings. I'm already missing Pampanga and of course, Dad." I tried to bring up the unresolved issues she had with him.

"I'm busy. I don't want to talk right now."

"Did you even mourn for Dad?"

"Are you holding a grudge against me?" Mom asked, looking at me straight in the eyes.

"You didn't answer my question," I replied sarcastically.

"I just said I'm busy. You can take a nap in my room over there," she said, pointing to the room with her pen.

From what I could see, Mom wasn't happy or sad. It seemed like she didn't care about Dad's passing. It was as if she was trapped in a maze - if she was happy, it was because someone else was making her feel that way, and if she was sad, it was just because it was the two of us now. I needed to understand this to uncover the true reason why she had separated from Dad before his death.

Before I could forget, I picked up my alcohol bottle and sprayed it on my body as the image of that messy-faced girl suddenly crossed my mind.

"Ewww..." I muttered.