Chapter 7 - Death Threats

I often find myself reminded of the happy memories I've created with Dona. She expressed profound gratitude for my presence in her life, saying it had allowed her to savor delicious meals again and visit places she hadn't been to in ages. With every smile, she insisted that our paths crossing was God's design—a way to fill each other's empty cups so we could finally embrace a happier, more normal life.

It felt like she was nearly winning the challenge I had set for myself, and honestly, I hoped she would succeed.

As I prepared my things in my locker, I noticed a piece of paper clipped beneath my jacket. A wave of curiosity washed over me. Who could have opened my locker aside from the security officers? My heart raced slightly as I carefully pulled out the paper, wondering what message awaited me and who might have left it.

Without hesitation, I read the note: "Be careful. I might kill you in an instant without bothering your loved ones."

I crumpled the paper and tossed it into the garbage can. Who do they think they're messing with? I'm not afraid of anyone. But then again, it could be that photographer's threat, trying to force me into accepting their open relationship.

I needed to figure this out. Once I gathered enough evidence to confront him and my mom, I could finally put a stop to it. I just had to devise the perfect plan.

As I headed to my first class, I noticed a group of guys standing by the corner, glaring at me with palpable hatred. It seemed like they wanted to take a swing at me but held back, probably because I'm the President's son.

What to do? Just ignore them. That's been my strategy for a long time, as many can't stand the sight of my presence—or my so-called perfection.

I was about to enter my classroom when the leche flan girl suddenly stepped into my path.

"I'm warning you. That Dona is a two-faced bitch."

I smirked. "And who are you to judge her? If you're concerned about me, don't be. It's my responsibility to decide whom to trust. And as for Dona, she's the nicest person I've ever met."

She shook her head. "She's just using you. That's how she is with anyone she can take advantage of."

"That's not what I've experienced. You're only saying that because you're insecure and jealous."

She glared at me. "Well, just wait until you discover who she really is. To me, she's a leech and a parasite, feeding off anyone she can."

I laughed. "Parasitism? Dona is neither a flea nor a tick. She's a human."

"Yeah, but one that devours others for her own advantage."

"I don't think she's a dragon capable of doing any of that. Look, leche flan girl, I have a class to attend, so mind your own business." I walked away, leaving her frustrated. What's her problem? Why is she spreading lies about Dona when she's the one bullying her? Sure, she might be popular, but that doesn't give her the right to act like this.

I shook my head as I sat down in my chair. One of my classmates approached me and handed me a piece of paper. "For you po," she said.

"Who gave it to you?" I asked, but she didn't answer and ran away.

I opened the paper and read it. "Your time will come so prepare your coffin, boy."

I found myself pondering who could be behind the death threats I'd been receiving. I even took note of the penmanship, hoping to use it as a clue in my plan.

When break time rolled around, I decided to grab a snack at the canteen. I called Dona, hoping she could help me sort this out.

After I bought some snacks for us, I handed her the paper to read. Her expression shifted to one of shock as she processed what was written.