Special Chapter - Dona's POV

Today is my graduation—a bittersweet moment that marks the end of my journey at the University of Surigao and the beginning of a new chapter in my life. But as I stand here, dressed in my cap and gown, I can't shake the emptiness inside me.

It's been two years since Richard left, and each day has been a struggle to move forward without him. Two long years filled with memories that linger like shadows, reminding me of the love we shared. Ma'am President often mentions him with a heavy heart, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. The news she delivered two years ago—that his body had turned to ashes—still echoes painfully in my mind.

I miss him more than words can convey. I miss the warmth of his touch, the way his kisses made everything feel right, and the way his smile could light up even my darkest days.

As I look out at my classmates celebrating their new beginnings, I can't help but wonder if I'll ever find love again. How could I possibly open my heart to someone else when Richard occupies every corner of my thoughts? Maybe I'm destined to live a single life, forever loving him from afar. The thought of moving on feels impossible, and the idea of forgetting him is a betrayal I can't bear.

Today is supposed to be a celebration, but all I feel is the weight of his absence. I search the crowd, half-hoping to see him, to feel him somehow. But all I find is the realization that he's gone, and I'm left here, carrying the memories of a love that changed my life forever.

Richard was the only man I ever wanted to grow old with. I wished I could show him that his love for me was worth it, even now that he's gone. But every single day, every night, I find myself weeping for his absence, grappling with the reality that he will never return. It's as if a part of me is still convinced he's here beside me, watching over me.

He transformed my life into a piece of heaven. He taught me that I wasn't unlucky; I was worthy of love just as I was. His acceptance made me feel beautiful in my imperfections, and his unwavering support gave me the strength to believe in myself.

Even in his absence, I feel his presence in everything around me—the warmth of the sun, the rustle of the leaves, and the quiet moments of solitude that remind me of our shared laughter. I want to honor his memory by living fully, but the ache of missing him lingers, a constant reminder of the love we shared.

"Dona, congratulations."

I was jolted out of my thoughts as Ma'am President walked in. "For sure, Richard is so happy."

A mix of sadness and happiness washed over me. "Yes, I wish he were here."

"You never know, he might surprise you."

A shiver ran down my spine at her words, but I managed to smile. "I hope so. Thank you so much for everything, Ma'am."

"Thank you too, Dona. Shall we head to the gym?"

As we walked together, I couldn't shake the feeling that perhaps, in some way, Richard was still watching over me.

I noticed there were only a few people present, even though it was already nine in the morning. It felt like many were just passing the time. Still, I felt a swell of pride—I had finally completed my Bachelor of Elementary Education.

When Ma'am President beckoned me toward the stage, I was taken aback. A wave of shyness washed over me, especially with the teachers gathered behind.

But I let myself go, pushing aside my nerves. Perhaps it was the weight of the moment, or the absence of Richard that made my heart race. Standing in front of everyone, I could feel their eyes on me, and I took a deep breath, reminding myself of all the hard work that had brought me to this point. This was my time to shine, even if it felt bittersweet without him there to celebrate with me.