Chapter 12 - God Saved Me

I found myself in a place of entertainment where no one could stop me. I'd been to nightclubs before, especially when I was hurting. This was my escape, my way of forgetting the mess I was in. I wanted to enjoy this damn evening like it was my last night on Earth! Wohoo!!

I was served the best drinks, chicken wings, and nachos at Romantico Nightclub. An electric sensation surged through me as everyone shouted and danced like nobody was watching. The wild atmosphere fueled my excitement! Normally, I could drink like a fish, downing dozens of glasses in one go, but tonight was different.

Suddenly, an energizing beat dropped, and I felt compelled to move. I made my way to the center of the dance floor, losing myself in the rhythm. I headbanged as if I were a ghost, shouting to drown out the music. This moment was pure adrenaline, a blissful escape from reality. I fell to the floor but kept dancing, and soon, other girls joined me, wriggling like worms. For a while, I forgot all my problems.

But I decided to head back to my spot. I realized I was out of drinks, so I called over the bartender to order another bottle of whiskey. It was time to drown my sorrows!

He seemed distracted, deep in conversation with a lady at the bar.

"Hey! Are you deaf?!" I shouted, frustration bubbling over.

Still, he's not listening to me. Guess what I did? I punched him hard on his face! We started to fight, and he quickly twisted my arms behind my back. Just then, the guards intervened, pulling us apart. They let him go but threw me outside.

"I'm not done yet!"

"Hubog na kaayo ka sir! Pauli na!" said by the guard.

I shook my head. "Useless! I don't understand you! Let me in!"

One guard glanced at something in my jacket and pulled out my cell phone.

"Hey! Put that back!" I shouted.

He called someone, but I had no idea who it was. After a moment, they handed my phone back, but still, they wouldn't let me back inside.

I sat down on the pavement by the entry door, cradling my head in my hands. It felt too heavy to bear. Those drinks made me dizzy, but I wasn't really drunk; I suppose my alcohol tolerance is pretty high.

A few minutes later, I heard someone approaching. "Chad..."

I looked up to see Dona. She spoke to the guards, "Sir, salamat kaayo ug pasensya."

"Okay ra lang. Paulia na na imo uyab kay samok," the guard replied.

Dona tried to help me stand, but I shoved her away. "What do you think you're doing? I don't need anyone! I don't need you!"

She stepped closer, grabbing my arms. "Lasing ka na. Ihahatid na kita sa inyo..."

I pushed her again. "I can go home alone! Leave me!" I stumbled away, walking in a criss-cross pattern, struggling to keep my balance.

She followed me. "Hindi kita pwedeng pabayaan. Kaibigan mo pa rin ako!"

"I'm not drunk! You're a fool! You're just using me so you can fool me!"

"Tumigil ka na, Chad! Halika na!" She grabbed my arms again, trying to lead me away.

"You're so stubborn!" I shouted, feeling my strength slipping.

Dona was there to support me. "Tumahimik ka na kasi."

I stayed silent as nausea hit me hard, and before I knew it, I vomited—worst of all, all over her shirt.

"Chad..." she murmured, glancing between me and her shirt.

"I told you to leave me alone!" I shouted, pushing her again, and she stumbled to the ground.