Chapter 8

Your P.O.V:

After Cheryl went out there was whispering in every corner of the room. The teacher asked us to calm down and we did so he could continue the lesson but no one was listening once the bell rang everyone ran out of the class to see Cheryl being dragged out by her parents. They did not see happy about any of this and I kinda feel back for her. I mean yeah she in a bitch but she doesn't have the best family either. Also to be accused of murdering her own brother I don't th- I was brought out of my thought as I almost ran into a locker and Jug grabbing my hand and sat me down in the student lounge to talk.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" He asked getting down to my leave making eye contact.

"Uh.. Yeah I'm fine just thinking about Cheryl." I stated. He nodded and hugged me.

"Just making sure you haven't said anything in a while. Also it's time for free period so what do you want to do?" He smirked. 

"Um.... Let me think, how about we go to the blue and gold and work on your novel." I said getting up.

"Great idea let's go." He grabbed my hand and we walked in and I laid my head on his shoulder as he typed everything that just happened. Soon later we found out what happened with Cheryl and it was crazy. Then we found out Archie that he heard it too it was crazy. After all this Betty texted me.

'Hey can you and Jug meet me in the blue and gold?' the text read.

'we are already there trying to get some peace and quiet why?' I responded.

'Oh okay just wait there.' she typed quickly. 

"That was Betty she asked to meet us." I told Jug standing up and stretching.

"But why?" He asked confused and I just shrugged.

"Okay there you are. So I was wondering if you guys wanted to join the blue and gold." She said. I looked at Jug we whispered about it obviously we were gonna join but I wanted to be funny.

"Well you see, Jug and I are very busy people with my family and horses and Jug always riding so I sorry to say but your stuck with us." I said.

"Oh it's okay I understand that your are bus- wait did you say sorry but your stuck with us?" She asked confused. I laughed and nodded my head because she actually believed it. "Haha very funny. But your first assignment, there is one person at the river no own is talking about." She stated.

"Dilton Doily and his scouts." Jug stated she nodded in response. Then we left to go and questioned him. When we got their we questioned him and he was a bit snappy oh well but we did notice and scout look at us weird and he might know something. "Did you see the way the scout looked at us?" He asked me. (Also guys I was too lazy to write out this seen also ik it's a bit out of order but i don't care.)

"Yeah we should question him. He might know something." I responded looking at Jug.

"Yeah that's a good idea. But I say we go back to your house and pick up were we left off tomorrow." He said rapping his arm around my waist. I leaned my head on his shoulder as we walked off.

"I like that idea." I smiled looking up at him and he looked down at he. He kissed my check making me turn a light shade of red. "well let's go." Then we ran off to my house ate dinner and did the chores. We went for a trail ride and rode till bed time. (Here's pictures of the horses.)

Star:

River:

River:

Luna:

Thunder:

Thunder:

Snow:

The next day we went out to pops to eat and I saw the scout

"hey jug there's that scout." I said pointing to him. He nodded and got up to talk to him. When he came back he told me that Dilton shot the gun. And that we were gonna confront him at the taste of Riverdale today. Soon enough we got there and I met up with Jug and he was talking with Archie who was hiding because he was grounded but what can you do about that. Soon enough we left him to talk to Dilton whom we found on the stairs.

"Hey Dilton." I said walking over to him. "We know you are lying about the gun. We talked to one of your scouts."

"So what if you did shoot the gun? I was doing them a favor. The way this town is going." He stated trying to defend himself.

"That makes you a liar and a public menace. You can make your statement to me or Sheriff Keller. I suggest the latter. Blue and Gold offices tomorrow." Jug said and we walked away. The day passed and tomorrow came and what we were about to hear what Dilton had to say.

"If you publish that article saying I shot the gun I will be charged with a misdemeanor. SO what if I have a better story." We nodded for him to continue. "Promise the Gun shoot will stay between us." 

"You have our word as journal list" Betty said.

"I saw something by the river's edge something no one else saw. Ms. Grundy's car. She was there." He said I mean I already knew that because of Jug and he told me. But Betty looked at Jug so see if she heard that right. Which she did and now there is nothing we can do to protect Archie.

Thank y'all for reading. I know I posted 2 days in a row shocker. Lol anyway New part coming out when I have time hopefully soon. See y'all later.