17

Shuhua received a text while she's eating dinner with Yuqi, a text she knew she shouldn't read but is contemplating whether she will or not.

"is it from Soojin unnie?" Yuqi asks her and she raised her head to look at her real girlfriend.

"well..yeah, it's from her." she answered.

"why aren't you replying?" Yuqi asks.

"I didn't open the message." she said but Yuqi stared at her in wonder.

"why?"

"because whatever her message is, it shouldn't matter..I have you now Yuqi." she honestly said.

The truth is, since the moment she agreed to be Yuqi's girlfriend, she wanted to give her whole attention to her.

13 days, Yuqi asked for 13 days to make her love her back. And she knows her best friend deserves to be love back and so she's making an effort for her too.

Hurting Yuqi more is the last thing she ever wanted. She cannot hurt the person who loved her and is loving her still all along.

Flashback

"yah! Yeh Shuhua! why did you attend the practice when you know you're sick?!!!" a furious Song Yuqi asks her.

"I thought it's bearable..and I was feeling better earlier." she answered but Yuqi just rolled her eyes at her.

"yeah, as if fainting is what feeling better means."

She wanted to argue that she was indeed feeling better before her body suddenly started feeling jelly and her world started spinning but then she knows not to argue at this point.

Yuqi is just worried for her.

And she smiles at that thought.

"why are you smiling?" Yuqi asks.

"I love you." she said and Yuqi rolled her eyes again.

"yah! be thankful I said that!! not everyone gets the privileged to be my friend!" she said that made Yuqi laugh.

"right..I'm the unlucky chosen one." Yuqi answered and it's now her turn to roll her eyes.

End of flashback

"but you should still check the message..it may be important." Yuqi told her with a smile.

Shuhua sighed as she returned the smile, opening the message.

Jinjin ❤ sent a message...

Hi Shu :) practice is done, can I come over to your place? I'll cook dinner :)

She smiled for a different reason this time. The love of her life Soojin is asking if she can come over her place.

"I guess that's a good news..you're smiling." she heard Yuqi tell her.

And she then remembered the reality. Soojin might only talk about Hui and she's not ready for that. Then Yuqi, her best friend is her girlfriend now..so she shouldn't go on daydreaming about someone else.

Yuqi deserves better.

Shushu

I'm not home rn Jinjin 😁 I'm with Yuqi ..

Jinjin ❤

Oh..are you going to spend the night in her place?

Shushu