Chapter 3

It hurt. Hot flashing pain all down her back and along her sides. It hurt.

"It hurts," Sophia muttered.

She opened her eyes, blinking several times, allowing them to adjust to the intense light. She tried sitting up but was met with being jerked back to the bed she laid on looking around in a hurry as she observed her surroundings. She was in a jail cell handcuffed to the bed by her wrist panicking; she realized that her mask was off and she was wearing different clothes with bandages over her injuries.

She jerked around to face forward when she heard two people walking down the stairs and she abruptly stopped panicking and quickly calmed herself and sealed her emotions and put on a figurative mask to protect herself. Commander Erwin and Captain Levi walked down there and met her heterochromatic eyes, her snow-white hair falling in her face, her bronze skin showing brightly in the candlelight. Her face was indifferent, like a doll. Commander Erwin finally spoke to her she could tell both of them were unsettled by her eyes so cold so broken.

"Good, you're awake. How did you sleep?"Commander Erwin asked.

"Where am I?" Was all Sophia said, no, demanded.

"Answer the question that the Commander asked you brat." Captain Levi responded.

"You kidnap me chain me up in a jail cell, treat my wounds, and you expect me to just roll over 

and talk like old friends wow you aren't that bright are you?" Sophia none the more growled out 

"I'll humor you. I slept great and had a nice blood loss and unconscious nap."

"I'll just disregard that and get straight to the point. Who are you?" Erwin wondered.

"I never asked you to save my life. Did I run from you with all the injuries I had? I escaped you the people trained for killing titans. How's that for disrespect?" Sophia said while glaring at them.

"Enough" Levi grumbled as he walked into the cell "Who do you work for? If you don't answer you get taught a lesson. With pain"

"Ah torture I knew you wouldn't be capable of being civil" sighing Sophia said, "So sad"

Levi pressed on her sides expecting her to scream out, but all he was met with just a sigh and silence. Pressing harder until he felt the broken ribs moved but was met with nothing but a slight gasp. She was sweating and wincing but she kept a good straight face.

"That all," Sophia said, wincing slightly.

"That's enough Levi. It doesn't seem like she will talk, though I am curious as to why." Erwin spoke "Who hurt you? Why did they hurt you? And why you?" Erwin asked without a pause in between each question.

"Doesn't matter if i return to the base without that necklace which i am sure you have taken from me i will be killed anyway how did you grab me?" Sophia asked

"After you made it over the wall we followed you you passed out from blood loss while on horseback we caught your horse and took you in" Erwin explained

"Okay. Seems I was clumsy." was all Sophia replied she closed her eyes and seemed to be thinking when Levi spoke,

"Who is it you work for?" he asked again.

"No one important." came a sleepy reply.

Levi was about to ask more when he heard soft snores coming from Sophia. Sighing, Levi left the cell locking it.