Chapter 10

Armin looked to the others, telling them to start the mission. Sophia nodded and crouched, putting on her raingear; grunting when it pulled on her still tender ribs and back. 

Mikasa looked at her in mild worry while Sophia waved her off.

"Okay Armin. It's up to you now." Sophia said, trying to be uplifting.

As Armin headed to start on his part of the mission, Sophia, Mikasa and Eren all sat in tense silence.

Armin came back a few minutes later, Annie behind him.

"Come on now. Let's go." He said, heading in the direction of the underground tunnel.

 They waited for the remaining carriages and Mps to pass; Sophia being the first out, to make sure no one was there or looking. The rest of them followed her.

“How do you guys deal with these odm bruises?” Sophia questions as she rubs the top of her chest.

“You get used to it.” Eren replied, Mikasa and Armin agreeing.

“Armin who’s this?” Annie questioned looking slightly up at the silver haired woman.

“Sophia.” Armin quickly replied as he looked around the corner, waving his hand to say it was clear.

Annie looked to Sophia in question.

“I am Sophia Jaeger.” she lied to avoid questions.

“What’s your relation to Eren?”

"He's a cousin." Sophia replied, looking at Annie's eyes.

“Really?” Annie raised an eyebrow.

“Yep.”

“And you're a scout.”

“I got the wings don’t I?” Sophia grunted, her senses on high alert

“Indeed you do.” Annie looked at the crest before she could ask another question and they came up to the entrance of the tunnel.

“Ugh.” Sophia grunted as they walked towards it.

“What’s the matter, Miss Jaeger?” Annie asked.

“I hate tunnels. Too cramped and drippy.” Sophia said, shuddering but still walking in after Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. But she stopped when she didn’t see Annie walk in after her; looking up at Annie with a raised eyebrow.

“Come on Kid. We don't have time to stay still." Sophia caught herself before she said Annie’s name since Annie never introduced herself. 

“Hm? Annie?” Eren turned towards Annie. “What's the matter with you…? Don't tell me that you're afraid of dark cramped spaces or something?”

Annie paused then spoke with fake fear “… I am. I'm scared… I doubt a brave suicidal blockhead like you…could ever…understand the feelings of…a feeble maiden like me.”

"There's nothing feeble about a maiden who can flip a huge man 360 degrees through the air.

Stop being stupid, we need to hurry!" Eren yelled, turning back towards the tunnel.

Adamite on her choice, Annie shot back “No. I'm not going. I'm scared of that way… we stay above ground or the deal's off.”

Eren was speechless. "Wh… what the hell are you talking about?! Hurry up and get down here! Stop messing around damn it!!" he yelled.

"Eren! Don't yell!" Mikasa warned, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sure it's fine, Mikasa. It seems that for some reason, this place has been completely deserted for a while." Annie camly stated.

"Sheesh Armin… that really hurts." Annie looked down at all of them, eyes sad.

“Armin when did you start to look at me like that?” Annie asked Armin, who clenched the flare gun in his hand.

Swallowing down some of his fear Armin shakily asked,“Annie… Why...? Why did you have Marco’s gear?"

Annie was stunned into silence and Armin continued “He worked out every scratch and dent. I should know. I helped him with repairs.”

"I found it. Found it… and took it." Annie said.

“Then those two captured titans... you killed them didn’t you.” This time it wasn’t a question but a statement.

“if you suspected that a month ago, why didn’t you say anything about it then?” Annie questioned.

"Because even now it's hard to believe!" Armin yelled, his voice shaking.

Sophia quickly placed a calming hand on Armins shoulder. He jumped, forgetting that she was behind him.

“I can’t believe it even now…" he continued. "I thought maybe I made a mistake. I want to think I did.”

Armin's eyes widened with fear. "But then… back in the field… the fact that you didn't kill me right then and there… is why we're in this situation now." 

Annie turned her head to the side, wind blowing through her hair; her eyes sad. "Yes… we're here because I let you live. Of course I need imagined you'd end up cornering me like this."

Eren took a step up the stairs,"Annie you've taken this joke far enough! Just tell us that this is some kind of horrible prank! It's not too late! Come on we'll understand! Just get the hell down here!" He yelled, walking up the stairs some more.

"I can't." Annie said, " I simply don't have the constitution for it."

Sophia tensed up moving to get ready for a fight. Armin looked at her in a large amount of shock shaking his head. Sophia’s eye’s and Mikasa’s met come to an understanding. Grabbing their blade holders, Mikasa ready to draw hers; Sophia ready to move.

"Please Annie we can still talk this out like human beings!" Armin yelled.

"Enough!" Mikasa said, ripping her cloak off, dual wielding the Anti-Titan blades. "It's pointless."

Sophia’s face turned into a snarl, drawing her own blades.

“Funny how you know who I am but you still went with the lie." Sophia spoke, her voice tense and alert.

“I'll l slice you to shreds all over again, do you understand me, titan?” Mikasa took the left while Sophia took the right side of the staircase.

“Kid watch her. We should just go for the head.” Sophia grumbled “After all she is mindless and kinda weak” Sophia insulted. 

Annie started to smile and then started laughing, and laughing, like she hadn't laughed in a long time. Sighing, she said, "Armin… It's nice that I could be a 'good person' for you. For now, you've won your bet."

Annie leaned down, a wide smile on her face, "but I'm going to gamble too, and here's my wager!" She lifted her finger to her mouth, ready to bite it.

Armin's arm shot up. 

BANG!

~End of Chapter 10~

Please Like and Subscribe to 

 Where do we go from here? (Erwin x oc/reader)

Editor: @Lovekitty345